Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL - N Elston Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location is now updated on PlugShare: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

I swung by here yesterday afternoon and the Supercharger were getting decent use. Maybe 4 or so out of the 12 stalls were occupied.

The J1772 ChargePoint chargers, however, are still not yet turned on. Nor do they show up in the ChargePoint app. (I had hoped to see if they were going to be free, or $/kWh, or $/hour. But no clue yet.)

• Informative
Reactions: Fred42
The four Chargepoint J1772 plugs are now on.
Free to use (park and charge). :cool: (Just need a Chargepoint card or linked Apple/Google Wallet to unlock.)
6.6kW.

FYI… the cables are just *barely* long enough to reach a Model 3’s charge point when pulling front-forward into a spot. Better to reverse in.

81B96F24-92D0-4658-8C93-E6FD2A2FAE45.jpeg

The four Chargepoint J1772 plugs are now on.
Free to use (park and charge). :cool: (Just need a Chargepoint card or linked Apple/Google Wallet to unlock.)
6.6kW.

FYI… the cables are just *barely* long enough to reach a Model 3’s charge point when pulling front-forward into a spot. Better to reverse in.

View attachment 681191
FYI… the Chargepoint J1772 chargers are not disabled for some reason. They’re still powered on, but the screens say “station is disabled” and you can’t unlock the connectors.

Not sure why Chargepoint or Target would de-activate them like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was sort of hoping the attention Chicago received with the weather would prompt Tesla to increase their Chicago metro count. I know 52 stalls are slated for O’Hare. Elston could use some help, however. It appears the parking directly across from the current row of superchargers are largely not used by Target shoppers…