Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chicago, IL - N Elston Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Just found a permit for the installation of a 12-stall V3 Supercharger at 2656 N Elston Ave in Chicago. The permit was issued in April so be on the lookout for construction. Will add on Supercharge Info.

E4BFF95C-A7DA-4440-B9FC-B6F81C9E8E5F.jpeg

I drove around the Target parking the other day but I didn’t see anything yet. There‘s construction inside the parking structure but no obvious Tesla signs.
If it's easily viewable and you're in the area again, take some pics of the construction in the parking structure. That's pretty likely to be it and if we see what is being done, it may be easy to tell either way even if there's nothing explicitly Tesla related yet.

I noticed this supercharger appear today on-screen and its definitely online. I was at like 60% soc so I couldnt really get any good showcase of the speed. A few others were charging as well. Looks like this is totally open.

To the right is a few L2 chargers (looked like chargepoint?) but I didn't think to look at them in detail.

As others mentioned, parking here is free and the garage is in the SW edge of the parking lot wedged between the target and Windy City Fieldhouse. Lower level so just turn right when you enter and you'll see it. It's a pretty good location sort of tucked away at the bottom of the garage so I'm hoping the chance that these get ICE'd is pretty low

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_185836.jpg
    IMG_20210530_185836.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20210530_185907.jpg
    IMG_20210530_185907.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 84
I noticed this supercharger appear today on-screen and its definitely online. I was at like 60% soc so I couldnt really get any good showcase of the speed. A few others were charging as well. Looks like this is totally open.

To the right is a few L2 chargers (looked like chargepoint?) but I didn't think to look at them in detail.

As others mentioned, parking here is free and the garage is in the SW edge of the parking lot wedged between the target and Windy City Fieldhouse. Lower level so just turn right when you enter and you'll see it. It's a pretty good location sort of tucked away at the bottom of the garage so I'm hoping the chance that these get ICE'd is pretty low

@MarcoRP @Chuq @corywright I think it’s safe to mark this one as open.