Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Seattle, WA - Meridian Ave N (under construction Jan 2024, 12 V3 + L2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12 superchargers will be going in at the Pearson Professionals Center parking lot (southwest corner) at 10700 Meridian Ave N. Permit issued 11/28/23. Site plan from tree analysis.
1702784047016.png1702784280168.png1702784530160.png

This is a really weird supercharger location. There are no "host" businesses in the immediate vicinity, and while there are a few businesses within walking distance, a lot of Tesla owners won't want to make that walk.

Last week, I tried to get some snacks at the nearby convenience stores around midnight and the 7-11 was closed (used to be 24 hours) and the other two were "open," but they would not allow you to come in and look around for security reasons. They just wanted me to tell them what I wanted and give them my credit card (I just left and went somewhere else). They have done some "sweeps" recently, but there are still homeless people all over the place in the vicinity.

I guess it's an okay location during daylight hours when you can go into the stores as well as the Starbucks and McDonald's lobbies. But at night it's going to be pretty bad. Like plug in, sit in your car, and hope no one approaches you while you're a sitting duck plugged into the charger.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
The host business is a Bahn Mi sandwich shop. If you don't mind a brief walk, there is a Starbucks and a McDonald's on the opposite corner of the block. Sounds pretty good to me. It isn't like Northgate has anything convenient to the Supercharger - most people just hang out in their cars on top of the parking garage.

There are also a bunch of apartments in the immediate vicinity, so in addition to providing convenient off-highway charging right across from Northgate, this serves the locals who might not have home charging.

The host business is a Bahn Mi sandwich shop. If you don't mind a brief walk, there is a Starbucks and a McDonald's on the opposite corner of the block. Sounds pretty good to me. It isn't like Northgate has anything convenient to the Supercharger - most people just hang out in their cars on top of the parking garage.

There are also a bunch of apartments in the immediate vicinity, so in addition to providing convenient off-highway charging right across from Northgate, this serves the locals who might not have home charging.
I definitely didn't see any Banh Mi shop at the listed address. I even tried to search for Banh Mi places in the Nav while I was in the area. Could you provide the name and/or address of the one you are talking about? Also, wrt the McDonald's and Starbucks, you kind of need to see it on the ground. This isn't any old McDonald's and Starbucks. It's homeless central.

Also, the current Northgate supercharger has a Chipotle and the Ice Complex, which has a Starbucks, a restaurant, and easy to access public restrooms. So during day/evening hours, it isn't that bad. But I agree that most people hang out as they top off.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Supercharge.info’s map shows a bahn mi shop in this parking lot. Perhaps that’s not the case. Too bad, because I was looking forward to a sandwich.
I see what you're talking about. Looks like it was (is?) hidden in the office building. That building definitely didn't look like it had any retail space on the ground floor, so I stand corrected.

Another point is the Starbucks/McDonald's/gas station/convenience store/taco truck area is not as close as it looks on the map due to elevation and fences. You have to walk all the way out to Northgate Way to get there. Not a long walk, but after dark with all the homeless, it won't be a pleasant walk. On the bright side, a security vehicle came up on me pretty quick as I scoped out the parking lot late at night, so presumably there's at least one guy there 24/7.

A large part of the parking lot is fenced off now and this semi has 12 concrete pedestal bases on its bed so this should be enough for a construction cone at supercharge.info. FWIW the semi had CA plates and the driver was in the cab when I drove through just after midnight. Maybe he just arrived tonight and is waiting till morning to unload?

IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg

A large part of the parking lot is fenced off now and this semi has 12 concrete pedestal bases on its bed so this should be enough for a construction cone at supercharge.info. FWIW the semi had CA plates and the driver was in the cab when I drove through just after midnight. Maybe he just arrived tonight and is waiting till morning to unload?

View attachment 1007315View attachment 1007316
Highly likely..

Those sure look like the squared-off V4 bases, and not the normal V3 ovals... Unless I'm looking at things wrong?
You are correct that they are the newer bases but they can be used for V3 and V4 so nothing definitive yet. I would call them a universal base. Won’t know until posts show up whether this is V3 or V4.

orange cone @Guacahummus @Big Earl @corywright ?

You are correct that they are the newer bases but they can be used for V3 and V4 so nothing definitive yet. I would call them a universal base. Won’t know until posts show up whether this is V3 or V4.

orange cone @Guacahummus @Big Earl @corywright ?
I was not aware of the universal-ness of them - thought V3 had to be the oval shape. Good to know!

Work ongoing. Pics from this morning. If you're not looking for a restroom or a snack, this is an excellent location IMO and better than the existing one across the highway at Northgate.

Attachments

• 20240111_095924.jpg
    20240111_095924.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240111_095934.jpg
    20240111_095934.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240111_100033.jpg
    20240111_100033.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Informative
Reactions: goneskiian