Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger completed notice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is because you have charging notifications turned on in the app. If you turned them off, those 240V charging sessions would not wake you in the middle of the night.

But Supercharger notifications are always on and you cannot turn them off. Unfortunately, they sometimes come late or not at all.

I think the iPhone settings lets you control notifications late at night so don't have to do that in the Tesla app, but honestly they never bothered me. I've had notifications go off for Amber Alerts too in the middle of the night. I wasn't complaining about them just saying that Tesla notifications do get sent (most of the time).

You don’t need those notifications when charging at home. Turn them off. It will not affect supercharger notifications as others have said.

I actually like to know when and that the car is starting to charge and when it finishes so that I don't have any surprises in the morning when I'm ready to go. In fact a few days ago, my husband went to do a quick charge on my car as it was down near 20% during the day and I didn't want to lose cabin overheat protection. He decided to set it for a small amount since this was during peak time and he changed the start time (normally set for 11pm start with 90% end). Later that night he plugged my car back in again, changed the charge start back to 11pm (off-peak time) but forgot about the SOC range. So early, early in the a.m. I heard the notification come through and remember thinking that was strange to hear it around 1am. However I just went back to sleep instead of looking at the completion notification. Sure enough the setting for a minimal charge amount was still in effect, and I didn't have much range that day.

Last edited: