Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger connections in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are planning a trip to Vancouver and Victoria, BC. Do the superchargers there use the same NACS as in the states?

A friend rented a Tesla in Vancouver and said he had to use adapters, but maybe he was using non-Tesla locations?

thanks

2023 Refresh X

Maybe you friend was using Level 2 chargers and needed the J1772 adapter? The Canadian Superchargers use the same NACS (North American Charging Standard; Canada is part of North America) as here in the States.

Or maybe they were using CCS chargers and needed the CCS Combo 1 adapter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
We are planning a trip to Vancouver and Victoria, BC. Do the superchargers there use the same NACS as in the states?

A friend rented a Tesla in Vancouver and said he had to use adapters, but maybe he was using non-Tesla locations?

thanks

2023 Refresh X
NACS is for North America Charging so all the SuperChargers all over North America are NACS. I encountered a driver at the Kingston ON, SuperCharger, on our last trip return from Montreal. They were driving their nephew’s M3 without a mobile charger or adapter for J-1772. To make matters worse, their nephew hadn’t updated the vehicle account and they had to scamper to get them on the phone to fix this. To add to this challenge, they were from France (really) and for some reason, couldn’t figure out the calling structure we use, so I let them use my phone and all was good in the end.

One of the superchargers in Vancouver, BC is so crazy cheap. I asked Tesla navigation to show supercharger locations and it shows 3 nearby ones. The one located 6 miles south shows CAD $.10/kwh.
I charged my MY from 20s to 86% for less than CAD $5 which is USD $3.67!

Attachments

• IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 50