Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Conway, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So apparently next door at whatever that mini-mall is called.
Host Type: Mall
Host: Lewis Ranch
Seems like "Lewis Ranch" is the overall development.

Technically the whole area circled in this screenshot is "Lewis Ranch".

I've highlighted some of the restaurants that exist on that side, and some that are coming soon (some known by the public, some not. Oh well. 😉)

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.03.01 PM.png

Here's a more detailed outline of what is "lewis ranch" but it's splitting hairs lol.

1702923685503.png

IMO the worst part of this location is getting to it, there's no direct road connection to that lot. So you have to follow either of the paths, depending on your direction. (40N starts in red, 40S starts in blue, merging at the roundabout)

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.07.29 PM.png

There's a dirt lot in the middle of the shopping center on the other side that IMO would have been a better location for ease of access and the number of amenities / shops, but would have been awful for exiting (it's already bad).

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 12.16.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutrow
For the "Little Rock to Branson" stretch I really wish Tesla would add a SuperCharger in or around Marshall, AR on Hwy 65. It's about equidistant and The Buffalo River National Park is in a charging dead zone. True, as I have commented in the past, National Parks are better suited for Destination Charging, The Buffalo National River is a special case. It is a VERY spread out park. There are 135 miles of river, with dozens of access points along the way, with ZERO infrastructure for destination charging. Many access points are dirt roads to gravel bar banks. No power at all.

Marshall AR is uniquely suited for both thru travel b/t LR and Branson, and also centrally located for day floating visitors to the area. Many float trips start with parking your vehicle in an unimproved parking area and relying on a shuttle back to your car at the end of the day. It's remote location can make a round trip without charging impossible or nerve wracking at a minimum. A long Destination charging session before an early morning float trip is bad. A long Destination charging session after a long hot day on the river would be even worse. Knowing there's a SuperCharger in the area would eliminate a lot of frustration and may even make an impossible trip possible for some people.

For the "Little Rock to Branson" stretch I really wish Tesla would add a SuperCharger in or around Marshall, AR on Hwy 65. It's about equidistant and The Buffalo River National Park is in a charging dead zone. True, as I have commented in the past, National Parks are better suited for Destination Charging, The Buffalo National River is a special case. It is a VERY spread out park. There are 135 miles of river, with dozens of access points along the way, with ZERO infrastructure for destination charging. Many access points are dirt roads to gravel bar banks. No power at all.

Marshall AR is uniquely suited for both thru travel b/t LR and Branson, and also centrally located for day floating visitors to the area. Many float trips start with parking your vehicle in an unimproved parking area and relying on a shuttle back to your car at the end of the day. It's remote location can make a round trip without charging impossible or nerve wracking at a minimum. A long Destination charging session before an early morning float trip is bad. A long Destination charging session after a long hot day on the river would be even worse. Knowing there's a SuperCharger in the area would eliminate a lot of frustration and may even make an impossible trip possible for some people.

Marshall would be fine. Harrison would probably be better for the interesting US highways.

Camp sites along the river likely have RV hookups which can get you 240v/50a service. Pretty good! But other true "EV destination charging" would be really appreciated as well.

Still no change. I didn't see packaging for any pedestals anywhere. The big power cables are still on spools - nothing run through the conduits. I suspect they wait to run that when the pedestals are installed to prevent people from stealing the cable.

So the update is no update. Happy New Year! Or something ...
Thanks for the updates!

Thanks for the update. Keep us informed. Was wishing it would be located in the Clinton or Marshal area. They are about the midway point between Little Rock and Branson, but Conway helps. Branson needs one badly
Thankfully Branson was selected from the last supercharger voting contest, so should be one there "soon."

Conway update: Transformer was installed today, didn't have a chance to stop and test if it was active yet or not though (kinda doubt it).

• Informative
Reactions: GleanerC
Stopped by on Saturday afternoon. Conway Corp workers were there finishing up their work. One of the workers said they would be done with their work that day and were just waiting for the Tesla electrician. Stopped by today and tried to charge no luck. Imagine activation is imminent.
Conway Corp was out again this morning. No time to stop by and chat though.