Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Corte Madera (LIVE 12 Feb 2019, 10 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ask at the Tesla store there?
Tesla Showroom employees are highly unlikely to have reliable information about Supercharger operational dates, even when it is right by their location.

Those employees rarely have inside information about anything: often they don’t hear about major product changes before the public does. I’m not belittling the Tesla employees. They have told me exactly that many times; “We aren’t informed of changes before you Tesla enthusiasts learn about them!”

Reactions: PLUS EV
ITS OPEN!! Woo Hoo! Charged there today, 2/12/19. A couple of other Teslas. A few stalls were even ICE'd by a diesel truck!
IMG_2185.jpg

Not showing on the app as a nearby charger... do you think it's officially open or in testing? Also not showing on the map on tesla . com...

It's bizarre that Marin has been devoid of chargers for so long when you look at the map of the rest of the bay area. Glad to hear this one's open!

Not showing on the app as a nearby charger... do you think it's officially open or in testing? Also not showing on the map on tesla . com...

It's bizarre that Marin has been devoid of chargers for so long when you look at the map of the rest of the bay area. Glad to hear this one's open!
Ya, I checked the SuC map. As you noted, not there yet. Great to have it open. It really was operating. Full urban SuC rate. It will take some of the heat off of the Petaluma SuC.

Yeah that Petaluma station is insane .... often almost fully utilized when I look at my app. Can't wait for Marin City to come online... I think that will be the true game changer in the north bay as it will be closer to the city, easier to access and hopefully more stations than Corte Madera.

Reactions: Blu Zap
Now I see that... but the configuration seems backwards... if a wheelchair user backs in, he's going to have to try to get out on his left side, instead of his right side where the no parking zone is. If he pulls in nose first so he can exit to his left through the "no parking" area, the charger cable won't reach. I must be missing something here.
Can't the lesser-abled person just park diagonally and do both (reach the charge cable and have more room to get out)? To do so, they'd have to use some of the "no parking" area with the front of their Tesla. They can sit with their car to be ready to ward off any "violation" forces.

Are any EVs that can park differently than current Teslas expected soon at Tesla chargers?

Can't the lesser-abled person just park diagonally and do both (reach the charge cable and have more room to get out)? To do so, they'd have to use some of the "no parking" area with the front of their Tesla. They can sit with their car to be ready to ward off any "violation" forces.

Are any EVs that can park differently than current Teslas expected soon at Tesla chargers?

The no parking space actually supports a handicapped charging space on the other side, too. At the far left of this picture, the white Model 3 is in that space clearly marked with a handicap sign. That has the HPWC from the Tesla Store. The SuC space has the "occupy this one last" message.

IMG_2188.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo