Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cottonwood, CA (LIVE 4 May 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8EDD2617-662F-4DC4-841B-49C15B664A45.jpeg

Tesla updated their supercharger website design and I was looking over the map again. Cottonwood has to be a new addition right? I haven’t seen it anywhere during this Redding, lakehead and Yreka fun

Reactions: 3'sterly
View attachment 655982
Tesla updated their supercharger website design and I was looking over the map again. Cottonwood has to be a new addition right? I haven’t seen it anywhere during this Redding, lakehead and Yreka fun
Yes, it looks like Cottonwood is new. Even though I live near Cottonwood (Lake California), I probably won't use it, because I charge at home. It's still nice that it will be there if I ever need another place to charge, however.

This is GREAT news! Close enough to serve Redding. If past projects are a guide, it could take years for Redding to approve theirs. This will be a big help for folks going to the coast. There is a good pizza place there in the Holiday shopping center. Worth a stop in a great location right next to I5.

I noticed new construction in the Holiday Market parking lot today. I asked the checkout cashier at the market what the construction was about and he said they are putting in Tesla Superchargers there. Tesla's map shows the Superchargers are scheduled to be available in the first quarter of 2022. Constructions has just started, so not much to see yet.
Further corroboration that Tesla has a supercharger hosting agreement with Holiday Markets. The other locations so far are in Alturas, CA (operational) and Weaverville, CA (under construction).

I passed by on the 28th and it looked physically complete. The barriers were down, and the stalls were blocked by the work trucks (which were all packed up by this point). I think the buried electrical across the parking lot needs to be asphalted before it is 'done'. I guess they might be waiting for an inspection/sign off at this point.
Thank you for the heads up! I was gonna drive down there just to see