Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Crossville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve found the state permit for this supercharger. It’s going to be located at 2444 Genesis Rd. No timeline that I can see from the limited permit info. The only other info I can glean from it is that it will be between 600-1000 KW install, but that’s pretty standard for 8-12 stall v3 I think.

C0CD3BCD-53B1-4750-9E12-CCF2F4C684F4.jpeg

Not sure how to edit my original post, but I think the permit is referring to amps instead of kw as I said above. Not sure this is even an accurate indication of the install size as the Pigeon Forge permit says 401-600, but we know it's a 12 stall build.

Not sure how to edit my original post, but I think the permit is referring to amps instead of kw as I said above. Not sure this is even an accurate indication of the install size as the Pigeon Forge permit says 401-600, but we know it's a 12 stall build.
Yeah it was confusing to me too, but I eventually found this, which seems to indicate those ranges are Amp levels as you suspect: https://tdcihelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058634553-How-much-does-a-permit-cost-

As for the Pigeon Forge permit, it had a quantity of 3, so it was really 1203-1800A, and the entire site had a service load of 1745A (roughly 465A per cabinet * 3 cabinets * 1.25 overhead I'm assuming):
1624288304457.png

Technically Tesla opened two permits for Pigeon Forge, the other one was similar to this permit but failed final inspection:
1624288494354.png

It could be just 4 stalls if that's accurate, but short of someone getting in contact with the Residential/Electrical Contract Inspection section or another place Tesla filed a permit with, we probably won't know what's going on exactly until the construction stage. But I agree this looks like an upcoming supercharging station; I'll go ahead and add it to supercharge.info.

Last edited:
I wonder if this will be at the planned Buc-ee's that is under construction.

The article below describes the Buc-ee's ground breaking is clear that the Buc-ee's "location will be at the corner of Interstate Drive and Genesis Road just south of I-40", while the service address for the permit is North of I-40. Those 2 addresses are literally only a few blocks away, so it is a shame that a new Supercharger site is not with the 24-7 Buc-ee's.

GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY HELD FOR BUC-EE’S IN CROSSVILLE – PICTURES IN STORY

Also, 2444 Genesis Rd Crossville TN is listed in plugshare as having one Tesla Destination charger. That address is for a TN winery. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Reactions: PStewart and jsight
Crossville, TN

Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-127
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Knoxville, TN - 55.5 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Asheville, NC - 182 miles

US-127

To: Florence - Houston Road, KY - 261.2 miles
Diversion: 5 miles
To: Lansing, MI - 543.6 miles

To: Lexington, KY (I-40, US-127, KY-834, KY-90, KY-1247, KY-914, KY-80, KY-461, I-75) - 173 miles
To: Chillicothe, OH (I-40, US-127, l, KY-834, KY-90, KY-1247, KY-914, KY-80, KY-461, I-75, KY-627, KY-1958, I-64, KY-11, US-460, KY-11, US-62, l, OH-32, OH-104, US-23, US-35) - 315.6 miles
To: London, KY (TN-298, TN-62, US-27, KY-92, I-75, KY-80) - 124.5 miles
To: Huntington, WV (I-40, US-127, l, KY-834, KY-90, KY-1247, KY-914, KY-80, KY-461, I-75, KY-627, KY-1958, I-64, US-52) - 289.9 miles
To: Fair Play, SC (I-40, TN-101, US-127, TN-68, US-27, TN-68, TN-305, I-75, TN-60, Us-64, NC-69, US-76, SC-24, SC-182, l, SC-59) - 234 miles
To: Chattanooga, TN (I-40, TN-101, US-127, TN-68, US-27, TN-153) - 83.8 miles
To: Steele, AL (I-40, TN-101, US-127, TN-28, I-24, I-59) - 179.8 miles
To: Manchester, TN (TN-298, US-127, TN-1, US-70S, US-41) - 83.8 miles
To: Louisville - Preston Hwy, KY (I-40, US-70, TN-84, TN-111, TN-52, TN-51/KY-163, KY-90, KY-1519, KY-90, I-65, I-265) - 194.2 miles

Reactions: PStewart
Interesting location as there was a Cookeville 8 stall added just a few years ago. I wonder if this will be at the planned Buc-ee's that is under construction.
It looks like the supercharger will be north of I-40 while the Buc-ee's will be just south of the interstate (2045 Genesis Rd). The address for the supercharger (2444 Genesis Rd) places it at the Stonehaus Winery, which currently has a Tesla destination charger.

The article below describes the Buc-ee's ground breaking is clear that the Buc-ee's "location will be at the corner of Interstate Drive and Genesis Road just south of I-40", while the service address for the permit is North of I-40. Those 2 addresses are literally only a few blocks away, so it is a shame that a new Supercharger site is not with the 24-7 Buc-ee's.
Is there any Buc-ee's with a supercharger? It seems like they are one of the companies that is going really slow at the addition of DCFC.

Is there any Buc-ee's with a supercharger? It seems like they are one of the companies that is going really slow at the addition of DCFC.

I have not found a way to search for Buc-ees with any type of electronic charging (Supercharging, EA, etc). However, a Buc-ees in Alabama got a grant to install 4 CCS chargers (100kW minimum).

More discussion at this thread below, including an Buc-ees' suggestion email address.

Chargers coming at Buc-ees

Reactions: PStewart
I've got a trip to Crossville, TN coming up in October. Right now the Destination charger is the only option I could find. I was hoping to find a hotel with a Destination charger, but haven't been able to locate one yet. I'm not holding hope for the Tesla SC station.

Any other recommendations?

I've got a trip to Crossville, TN coming up in October. Right now the Destination charger is the only option I could find. I was hoping to find a hotel with a Destination charger, but haven't been able to locate one yet. I'm not holding hope for the Tesla SC station.

Any other recommendations?
plugshare.com does not show any hotels with chargers (Telsa or otherwise) in the immediate Crossville area.

Cumberland Mountain State Park is on the opposite side of Crossville than the winery, so it may help if you are in that area. The state park has 2 Blink J1772 chargers, which were working as of June 2021. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Driving the 40 miles along the interstate to the Cookville Supercharger is another option.

UPDATE FOR SUPERCHARGERs, I live in CROSSVILLE TN, and drove past the superchargers on 2444 Genesis Rd STE 103, Crossville, TN 38571, the superchargers are on the back side or the back side of there grape vine, there is 8 stalls, there is a fence around them currently but looks like its pretty close to being done, as to buc ee's since i will be applying there I belive buc ee's will have a lower current or lower amps , so if you have a long distance to cover id suggest sticking with tesla superchargers since they would be faster, good food at buc ee's or the pilot shop has a wendys also , btw id like to get the model y

plugshare.com does not show any hotels with chargers (Telsa or otherwise) in the immediate Crossville area.

Cumberland Mountain State Park is on the opposite side of Crossville than the winery, so it may help if you are in that area. The state park has 2 Blink J1772 chargers, which were working as of June 2021. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Driving the 40 miles along the interstate to the Cookville Supercharger is another option.
more then likely if you return the following year you will have the superchargers from Tesla and some kind of EV charing for buc ee's, also keep in mind, COOKEVILLLE AND KNOXVILLE also have superchargers , but the winery does have a CHARGER but it isnt very fast currently

UPDATE FOR SUPERCHARGERs, I live in CROSSVILLE TN, and drove past the superchargers on 2444 Genesis Rd STE 103, Crossville, TN 38571, the superchargers are on the back side or the back side of there grape vine, there is 8 stalls, there is a fence around them currently but looks like its pretty close to being done, as to buc ee's since i will be applying there I belive buc ee's will have a lower current or lower amps , so if you have a long distance to cover id suggest sticking with tesla superchargers since they would be faster, good food at buc ee's or the pilot shop has a wendys also , btw id like to get the model y
Thanks for the update! If you have a chance to upload a picture of the site sometime it would be great to see!

My inlaws live in Crossville. My 15 year old daughter was there in July for a week. She spots Teslas everywhere she goes but saw only one during her week in Crossville. But then, they live a few miles from and major roadways.