Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dunkirk, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing seen. Not on Find Us map. On voting map.
PXL_20231231_193346750.jpg
Screenshot_20231231-150304.png

I live in PF and the lack of L3 charging is sad. I assume most are commuters to DC so they charge at home but those passing through to Solomons or Lusby I’m sure would appreciate a refill in Dunkirk or PF. I usually check the permitting site or peruse through the Calvert County Planning Commission meeting minutes but haven’t seen anything or I must of missed it.

Wawa is seriously committed to their partnership with Tesla. @MarcoRP has found building permits for a new site in Dunkirk, MD along MD-4 - the first site on this part of the peninsula.

@ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Since the initial site survey in 2022, the only other dig ticket filed here is for a sewer main repair. Safe to say the initial survey was not satisfactory for Tesla to move forward at this location.
1708623221131.png

Possible electric work happening.View attachment 1021807
That is Verizon so communications cables. The heavy black cables at lower levels are not power.

If they were pulling power off the upper wires, they would need to bring it down the pole and underground which would require a dig ticket that would have to have been filed on Thursday to be doing work today.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
@corywright this one looks dead - some of the others in the first post might be, as well.
I think I posted on this initially and there were like 7 of these surveys done in 2 days so it looks like a lot of darts at the map and maybe 2 sites were built. Maybe they will revive them later but I think future posts of site surveys/corner marking should be put in the speculation threads for each region and not creating a separate thread for each site until we have an actual permit or a ticket for actual digging.