Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - East Palo Alto, CA (LIVE 30 Jun 2018, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there last night, and the parking lot was fenced off for some kind of construction right next to the existing charging slots. Please see the picture on post #43 of this thread for reference:

- there are 5 white transformers on the foreground left of this picture.
- then there is the dark grey concrete area where the 20 current stalls are.
- then, separated by a parking lot aisle, in the right background of the picture are 5 additional transformers.
- The construction area is directly adjacent to those 5 transformers in the right background.

Has anyone heard of this charging station being expanded? How many charging slots can each transformer support, was it perhaps built with extra capacity in mind?
Those white boxes are not transformers, they are the Supercharger cabinets, each cabinet serves 2 stalls. 10 cabinets for 20 stalls.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I charge here a few times a week. Normally, most of the stations I can get 72kw.

This week, they have had multiple stations disabled. Alot of stations cap out at 40 kwh for me. So I switch and the best one I can find gets me to 60. I usually plug in with 35% and a pre heated battery,

@Bruins17 Something is definitely going on

I have now figured out two of them (sure there are a few more) that are still working well. I think just be glad :) There are a few that Tesla clearly already knows about, so I bet they fix them all when they eventually come out. That charger is rarely busy, so I don't think it is really a priority... for me or Tesla.