Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elizabethtown, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by there tonight and lights are on. Noticed a model x in the subway parking lot, but not in a space to charge so I backed in to see if I could charge. Guy got out of the model x and told.me he is doing some software provisioning and they werent ready. So I guess in a couple hours it will be up and running!

Attachments

• 20211209_193607.jpg
    20211209_193607.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 82
FYI - I was just at Elizabethtown about 3 hours ago. Initially plugged into Stall 2B and only got 35 kW at 39% on my mid-2016 MS90D. I ended up moving over to stall 1B after a couple minutes not seeing the charging power ramp. There I at least got up to about 110 kW. Even the 110 kW is about 20kW lower than what I saw today at three other superchargers (Haubstadt IN, Beaver Dam KY, and Lousiville-Preston Hwy). There were 2-3 others at Elizabethtown charging at the same time, but we were spaced out and with V3 superchargers it really shouldn't matter that much as stalls are not paired like with at V2 charger. Was not an issue of this being the first stop and cold (it actually was the third of the 4 supercharging spots today).

On the positive side, while I know many with older 85kW packs have seen their charging rates degraded/limited, I'm pleasantly surprised that my mid-2016 MS90D 67.5k miles actually charges faster now than when I purchased it. When I say faster that's not just the peak rate, but the total time to charge from say 20-70% or 80% SOC is less than it was when my car was new. While there's a side of me that has been tempted to get one of the newest Palladium refresh MS, the practical side of me says I'm still much better off keeping my almost 6 year old MS90D with it's pano roof, free supercharging, and very stable AP1 on highways with virtually no issues of phantom braking.

FYI - I was just at Elizabethtown about 3 hours ago. Initially plugged into Stall 2B and only got 35 kW at 39% on my mid-2016 MS90D. I ended up moving over to stall 1B after a couple minutes not seeing the charging power ramp. There I at least got up to about 110 kW. Even the 110 kW is about 20kW lower than what I saw today at three other superchargers (Haubstadt IN, Beaver Dam KY, and Lousiville-Preston Hwy). There were 2-3 others at Elizabethtown charging at the same time, but we were spaced out and with V3 superchargers it really shouldn't matter that much as stalls are not paired like with at V2 charger. Was not an issue of this being the first stop and cold (it actually was the third of the 4 supercharging spots today).

On the positive side, while I know many with older 85kW packs have seen their charging rates degraded/limited, I'm pleasantly surprised that my mid-2016 MS90D 67.5k miles actually charges faster now than when I purchased it. When I say faster that's not just the peak rate, but the total time to charge from say 20-70% or 80% SOC is less than it was when my car was new. While there's a side of me that has been tempted to get one of the newest Palladium refresh MS, the practical side of me says I'm still much better off keeping my almost 6 year old MS90D with it's pano roof, free supercharging, and very stable AP1 on highways with virtually no issues of phantom braking.
I think that stall has had issues for a while. For a couple months, it wouldn’t even plug into the car all of the way. The last time I was there, a Tesla employee was trying to get something out of the plug. But it still has limited output.

Reactions: nogajim