Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellsworth, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weekend update. Pedestals almost ready for cabinets.
2C5D4F8A-1F34-4C1F-8ED8-54627306099C.jpeg
FA17B2A7-9B1B-4779-9507-1879D21525E5.jpeg

Permit E-1401080 issued 10/27/21 for a new Tesla Supercharger (no details in the permit) to be located for 225 High St, Ellsworth, ME. This is at the Hannaford Supermarket.

This permit is issued to our friends at Gordon Building and Excavation who have built out many of the New England Tesla supercharger sites, most recently including Franklin and Chicopee, MA and the V3 upgrade to Brattleboro, VT.

NOTE: This site could go under construction quickly (potentially already started?) as the crews doing both Franklin and Chicopee are done at both sites (other than some asphalt and striping work in Franklin). Anyone local to Ellsworth interested in providing regular updates?

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright
The superchargers in Ellsworth are installed but not activated. I drove up 3 days ago and plugged in, but there was no current flowing. I’ll look around camden next time I’m out that way.

The superchargers in Ellsworth are installed but not activated. I drove up 3 days ago and plugged in, but there was no current flowing. I’ll look around camden next time I’m out that way.
Definitely look for a transformer and meter being present (or not) in Ellsworth if/when next through that area. That's the required missing equipment before Tesla can go up and test/activate.

I doubt Camden is under construction yet - we don't have any confirmed info on it yet other than it being on Tesla's "coming soon wishlist". I would check the Hannaford though at 145 Elm St, Camden as a likely future possibility.

Note: while Tesla's coming soon pin shows Camden, it could be Rockland too IMHO (larger city, also with a Hannaford). There was a special council meeting on March 25th last year titled "EV Charging Station Discussion". I've not yet found any minutes or other indication this was for Tesla Superchargers though. Just as likely this was related to a city initiative to increase public L2 charging.

Last edited:
Green box and meter are installed. TESLA logo is illuminated. Meter shows 0 kW. Failed handshake.
Excellent - thanks for checking out the site status. Not sure if this implies a remote fix is all that's needed, or if a supercharger tech needs to come onsite to work their magic. Either way, this should be up "soon" (two weeks? ;))

Reactions: kayak1