Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1710952808343.png

This is great to see - a change since 10am this morning when I last checked site status. I think we need to have a wait and see for it being open - it's been up briefly before before going back offline. Cautiously optimistic it's up now though. Need to get that commissioning team down to light up the rest of the new supercharger sites in New England.

NOTE: It's also showing again on the tesla.com/findus page (it had reverted to a gray coming soon pin after originally showing live a month ago) - another good sign. If it's still showing up this evening we'll mark the site as open on supercharge.info too. 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
This is great to see - a change since 10am this morning when I last checked site status. I think we need to have a wait and see for it being open - it's been up briefly before before going back offline. Cautiously optimistic it's up now though. Need to get that commissioning team down to light up the rest of the new supercharger sites in New England.
Curious what other New England sites are Magic Dock capable? I thought Rockland was the only one? (It's the only New England site I see listed at this resource: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/SuperchargingCompetition/InterestingLocations). Can you point me to how I can find these locations? (I'm particularly interested in northern NH and/or Maine's Moosehead lake region). Thanks!

OK, so maybe I'll turn up on Sunday April 7th. Unless of course it's freezing and snowing.

(Spring properly begins tomorrow. Ironically, after warming up 3 weeks early, here it's going to be below freezing tomorrow, with strong winds. Some snow overnight today, a bit above freezing on Friday and then on Saturday day and night maybe 8 inches to 1 foot total. Then it'll warm back up again and I expect it'll all be melted within a few days. Have to get the snowblower batteries charged and the snowblower ready.)

Reactions: Tdreamer
OK, so maybe I'll turn up on Sunday April 7th. Unless of course it's freezing and snowing.

(Spring properly begins tomorrow. Ironically, after warming up 3 weeks early, here it's going to be below freezing tomorrow, with strong winds. Some snow overnight today, a bit above freezing on Friday and then on Saturday day and night maybe 8 inches to 1 foot total. Then it'll warm back up again and I expect it'll all be melted within a few days. Have to get the snowblower batteries charged and the snowblower ready.)
Glad Mother Nature is getting it out of her system now. We need sunshine April 7th and 8th.

Glad Mother Nature is getting it out of her system now. We need sunshine April 7th and 8th.
And April 6th. It's the Maine Green Homes + Energy Show in South Portland on Saturday April 6th. The EV Expo (shameless plug) will run 11am to 2pm.

At the first event 2 years ago it was cold and began raining heavily.
Last year it was cold and raining heavily.
We don't want 3 in a row.

I'll settle for cloudy, mild and still. :)

Curiously, I saw a Chevy Bolt plugged in this morning. I asked the guy if he was successful charging; he responded "We're working on it". Half an hour later later he was still standing next to his parked car, still on the phone. The red "Tesla" lights were not lit.

I assumed he was from Tesla, despite the unorthodox car. Maybe he was just a tourist.

Plugshare says "Under Repair".

Curiously, I saw a Chevy Bolt plugged in this morning. I asked the guy if he was successful charging; he responded "We're working on it". Half an hour later later he was still standing next to his parked car, still on the phone. The red "Tesla" lights were not lit.

I assumed he was from Tesla, despite the unorthodox car. Maybe he was just a tourist.

Plugshare says "Under Repair".
That response definitely sounds like someone from Tesla. With the stalls not lit, "We're working on it", and still there trying 30 minutes later... no way that's a tourist.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
No idea. Did not see any CC hardware. I think one scans a QR code on the pedestal and then enter information on line, but that’s a guess.
It's the screen under the handle. It's tap to pay.

If it didn't display anything then I'd guess it's not yet enabled. Contactless payment is a NEVI requirement. Tesla already supports contactless on its V4s elsewhere in the world.

Reactions: kayak1
Hmm, didn’t notice a screen. That’s why I mentioned no CC. I’ll take a look later today.
Tesla being Tesla it's a very small, simple monochrome screen. See my photo in this post. that shows the screen and the outline of the Magic Dock.
If you didn't notice it, it likely implies it's not on.

Tesla being Tesla it's a very small, simple monochrome screen. See my photo in this post. that shows the screen and the outline of the Magic Dock.
If you didn't notice it, it likely implies it's not on.

Yep, you’re right. The screen is there and working.