Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Epsom, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a few site photos. No meter but no try supercharger and c-store transients in, missing the switchgear/site controller. Primaries appear connected. Busy site - lots of work underway.

Thanks for the great photos. Speaking of busy, that pole looks wildly busy - two 3 phase high voltage connections and 5 cable TV/telecom cables (running on both sides). Was particularly amused by the lower brace cable threaded between the two conduits. Replacing this pole (at this slight bend) when the time comes will be interesting.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
No apparent changes as of 10/3 (courtesy of a video update on the Common Man Roadside's Epsom site construction status FB page.
1696361959866.png

Thanks for the updated photos. A little hard to see, but the second photo shows thr switchgear cabinet is still missing on its pad. I assume with all the site work tue contractor has been unable to get in there to install it.

I don’t know if it’s relevant but the Tesla coming soon map was recently updated to show this site opening in 2024. Oddly, the Portsmouth NH pin shows 2023. Unless Tesla has decided on a different location in Portsmouth than the as yet unstarted Common Man Roadside project there I think they transposed the site dates.

Thanks for the update - those photos show the switchgear/site controller cabinet is still missing...

Thanks for the update - those photos show the switchgear/site controller cabinet is still missing...

Here are the latest picture. There were some workers on one of the Tesla Cabinet. Maybe they'll be up by the weekend.?
20231212_153920.jpg
20231212_153916.jpg

Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for the updated site photos - was wondering if there had been any progress as this site seems seriously overdue for opening at this point.

Beyond the damaged posts (relayed and hopefully will be taken care of), looks like there may still be something missing between the last post (loose front/rear covers in front of the jeep) and the transformer. Two capped conduits poking up out of the ground.

There are two transformers there one at either end of the supercharger site. I hope they didn't do something stupid and transpose the transformer installs so that the presumably larger supercharger transformer is feeding the c-store, and the c-store transformer is there waiting to feed the superchargers.

Reactions: kayak1 and Markbb99
Glad Tesla swung by to make the post repairs. Either than ran out of (a limited amount of available) time, or perhaps other work still needs to be done there before it can go live.

Curious - did you notice if the front of the stalls had been numbered? 1A/B/C/D 2A/B/C/D?

Also, don't know if that transformer & meter you pictured is for the c-store, or the supercharger. The other transformer is larger, leading me to believe the one you pictured is the c-store's.

Great update. Common Man Roadside responded to a post of mine earlier today on their Facebook page saying Tesla was onsite working on them today, so this is great photo evidence of the work their doing.

Three possibilities that come to mind...
1) commissioning - they open each post during commissioning as part of inspecting the contractors work and testing
2) CCS-enabling - updating the charging posts to support CCS enabled vehicles via NACS-to-CCS adapters (requires post updates and I believe also supercharger cabinet updates)
3) possibly upgrading posts to MagicDock - they've been doing this strategically at sites before opening them of late

I'd go out on a limb and say #2. The photos shared I don't think show the charging handles to indicate of a MagicDock upgrade has already been done today. The front of the posts aren't numbered yet, so that usually happens during commissioning (early/late, I don't know).

Closer - with weather coming in, not sure if they'll have enough time to finish today.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1