Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Estes Park, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I stated earlier, just go in the back gate. If you have to wait until someone comes out, or for a delivery vehicle to come in, then follow them through. It was no problem for me. Plus, the Supercharger is just inside that gate, to the left.

We were in Estes Park last weekend. While we successfully charged without any problem back in May (by unknowingly taking the non-security gate entrance), we just avoided trying to charge there this trip since we didn't want the hassle. We ended up charging in Boulder on our way home.

Worked fine for me in early June. They waved me on through at the guard station without paying. It’s tucked at the back and no real directions there. Just zoom in on the on-screen map and meander your way through the maze of parking lots until you get there.

If you take the road around the southwest part of the property, you can drive right to the Supercharger. We charged there in May before it was officially open and never even saw the guard and gate. We drove right to the Supercharger and charged, no problems.
View attachment 313101

Sounds like the guard is misinformed or trying make a few extra dollars on the side. I would call the hotel to report it.
Since I first posted this in 2018, we've sometimes seen the gate is down just before turning left, shortly before the Superchargers. The last couple of times we've gone, we've just used the regular entrance and security let us in without having to pay.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Some weird *sugar* going on at Estes Park. Photo from PlugShare
30611195-F3E2-4D90-9E00-015A8E428E5E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart