Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfield, CA - Travis Blvd. (LIVE 4 May 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did look at it and at the surrounding area.
My question was in some sense rhetorical: I was certain you had evaluated that stall during your visit. ;)

I went back in this thread and found the photo that was posted earlier showing that stall location. It’s very unusual to see a Supercharger with a single remote stall like that. I agree that using it while hitched would block off that aisle. So why was that single stall placed there? I don’t know.

67883186-E76C-4B54-8017-05249C4A6C1E.jpeg

View attachment 299939 Went to check it out last night. I was the only car there. There is even a single charger off to the side.

Seeing this lone Supercharger stall physically offset from the others makes me wish I was retired and had more time to start a thread dedicated to compiling the definitive world wide list (including pictures) of sites with orphaned stalls. Seems like important work for anyone deep into Tesla trivia that shouldn't be left undone. Probably not the sole focus of ones life like evangelizing about all things Tesla, but obviously very important.

RT

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ecarfan and ohmman
Maybe they wanted to respond to customer requests for wider stalls? Or to allow more expansion optioons in the future near the vicinity of the orphaned stall?

Anyways, stopped by here around 6:30pm today, five classic model S's (including my own, each with the nosecone), 1 model 3 and an X.

Don't think word of this location has leaked out, at the same time, Dublin, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Mountainview and Bridgepoint were all maxed out on a Sunday evening. Fremont hub is also now frequently congested (to no-one's surprise).

Not much nearby after closing hours in the mall, but we found several restaurants that can meet the needs of hurgry travellers.

Just used this on the weekend. There was no one there because well, it's fairly inconvenient to get to from the highway and Vacaville SC is just 10 miles north. It's also not in the best area so leaving a car full of luggage while I walked to use the bathroom was a little stress-inducing. Still glad to see more SCs.

it's fairly inconvenient to get to from the highway
I have yet to use this Supercharger, but looking at the map it appears that it would take less than 5 minutes to get to from the 80 freeway exits that are less than a mile away.
It's also not in the best area
Is that mall parking lot considered a high risk location for car break-ins?

I have yet to use this Supercharger, but looking at the map it appears that it would take less than 5 minutes to get to from the 80 freeway exits that are less than a mile away.

I've been there. It didn't seem an onerous trek from the freeway. Five minutes was probably about right and the Nav display did a reasonable job getting me there.

Is that mall parking lot considered a high risk location for car break-ins?

Can't comment on its general reputation. The Supercharger stalls are at the far edge of the parking lot, and at the time I was there (a Sunday afternoon), there weren't any other cars parked in the vicinity (other than the 2-3 that were charging).

Bruce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I arrived at Fairfield from the east on SR12. Once I was off the highway, and drove north to the mall, the residential areas were rather rundown. Many yards were unkempt, and some of the homes needed paint.

Not that this is an indicator of one's personal values. But the immediate area around this mall has seen better days.

Excited to report that we have a new 10 stall supercharger under construction in Fairfield. Its across the freeway from the Westfield Supercharger. The new supercharger is in the Courtyard Marriott parking lot near In 'n Out. I'm sure it will be very popular with Raley's, Kumon, In 'n Out, and the hotel close by.
Woah
Tesla sure snuck this one in!

@ecarfan perhaps this should have its own thread.

Reactions: ohmman