Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfield, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t been here yet, but it’s two towns away. I just checked the official Tesla supercharger map and there are no Fairfield super chargers! Combine that with everyone’s bad experiences and I don’t know what to think. Was this an experiment that went wrong and they just aren’t going to address it?.

• Informative
Reactions: bnchmmnd
I think it’s more a sign of limited staff on Tesla’s part to go to each supercharger to commission and/or maintain them. They cover a huge territory and definitely moved on tonight sites to bring them online after these two. They probably did the best they. Could to get them working while there before moving on to the next sites (Rochester NH and Skowhegan ME for sure - perhaps others). They’ll be back to fix whatever issues still exist in Fairfield.

Note that a new supercharger location showing up in the car nav vs the Tesla website (vs supercharge.info) are three different things. It will eventually show up in all three.

9C83CC77-952E-49C5-A3FF-E7D0CC4013C0.jpeg

~170 kW

2020-01-09_8-55-24-png.498210

Looks like the Fairfield Connecticut "wins" for being the first working V3 Supercharging in New England:
Supercharger - Fairfield

See also this handy V3 only map that @MarkeR2002 pointed out:
Tesla V3 Superchargers - Google My Maps

• Love
Reactions: bnchmmnd
No, I don't think the site is fully tuned yet, or it's not performing at peak due to temps.

My P3D- peaked at 190kw, then dropped down to 170kW and held during the part of the curve you would normally expect 250kW (10-50%).
I have M3 AWD so should be able to handle much more than 170 kW, agree with others that it still needs to have some of the bugs worked out.

I had been waiting for this site to become active and have used it several times since it became active several weeks ago. I use the chargers on the northbound side and unfortunately they do not always work. I just left the site a few minutes ago and could not get anything after trying three different chargers. A Tesla technician happened to be on site and he seemed surprised by this. Some days the chargers work normally, some days they are extremely slow, and some days they don’t work at all. I have no such problems at the other supercharger sites in the area. I really hope this is straightened out soon.

Reactions: Tdreamer
I was able to enjoy the first documented V3 Supercharging speeds in the entire northeastern United States yesterday! I covered 443 miles in one day actually, solo. The peak charge rate of 220 kW / 898 mi/hr was brief, but real. I took some video of most of the charging session too, might do a timelapse edit or something. For now, here's the tweet:
Paul Braren on Twitter
and a pic and screenshot that say a lot:
2020-01-28_20-58-14.jpg

2020-01-28_20-56-47.png

I noticed that Fairfield NB isn’t marked as “limited service” in the Tesla app anymore. Maybe the issues have been addressed and it’s fully operational?

Attachments

• 03D7CBA3-418D-4135-9E34-665523D32BAE.png
    03D7CBA3-418D-4135-9E34-665523D32BAE.png
    614 KB · Views: 63
Fair warning that no stalls at the southbound stop are lit and of the 5 that I tried they all provided no charge. Northbound is lit but only one stall provided a charge and it never went passed 70kW. I tried 6 stalls all of which either stayed at 0kW or gave DC fast charge errors until the one at the end barely worked. Also there was two BMWs icing while in their cars for whatever reason.