Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - Thornton Ave. (Dale Hardware, under construction Jul 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work has started
PXL_20230716_210847075.jpg
PXL_20230716_210835947.jpg
PXL_20230716_205744629.jpg

IMG_0472.JPGIMG_0473.JPGIMG_0474.JPGIMG_0475.JPG
1. Construction fencing is really is as tall as @Zorg's pictures indicate; it makes taking pictures more difficult.
2. Precast bases for (I'm guessing) charging pedestals/posts.
3. I didn't notice any official Tesla labeling, but one of the wooden templates says, "SUPER CHARGER" and "TESLA". (These templates are used to position the conduits under Tesla's future white cabinets before those conduits are fixed in place with concrete.) (Perhaps also for the conduits for PG&E's transformer.)
4. What's needed to officially transition this site to "Construction" state? Tesla boxes?

4. What's needed to officially transition this site to "Construction" state? Tesla boxes?

There's no such thing as "official", but to say something's in construction here on TMC, we generally like to see something that's Tesla-branded like a crate or the protective wrap over a cabinet, or obviously a part of a Supercharger installation (such as the precast bases for the posts/pedestals). The idea for marking something as construction is we want something more than a hole in the ground. These rules are heuristic but not arbitrary, they were devised out of experience watching a process that oftentimes doesn't invite observers.

supercharge.org is pretty similar (but we don't always agree, and that's fine, half this stuff is guesswork anyway).

Anyway the pedestal bases in your pictures were what sealed it for me. Thanks for posting!

Bruce.

Looks like placeholder to me, but that's the first time I saw them at a SC.
Looks a bit like the V1 supercharger, which seemed to involve a more complicated multi-step installation with a frame to which electrical "guts" and a cover were mounted, compared to the V2/V3 pedestals that are more of a pre-fabricated integrated unit attaching to the concrete base and incoming wires.

The charging posts are in, but still no transformer. But there are construction signs covering the period April 4th to April 26th, so that looks hopeful. The signs continue across the street (Moraine St.), and go down the block to Thornton Ave. So I think there will be trenching down the street to get power to the transformer, hence the long construction window (i.e., it's not just to install a transformer).
IMG_1486.JPGIMG_1487.JPGIMG_1489.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: corywright