Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gainesville, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gainesville, GA

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Kroger
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-23, US-129
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-23

To: Asheville, NC - 138.7 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Chillicothe, OH - 491.3 miles

US-129

To: Alcoa, TN - 169.5 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: End (I-40 Knoxville, TN) - 182.7 miles

US-23 and US-129. Good location.

Also helpful for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, being about 106 miles from Cherokee, NC, which is 2nd in the North America Supercharger voting for 2023Q2.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
1943 Browns Bridge is NOT
IMG_0342.jpeg
the same location listed on the Permit. (1943 Jesse Jewel PKWY SE, Gainesville, GA)

The site appears to be updated to the permitted address now. Of course the default pin location is for the address and not necessarily the GPS coordinates of where the supercharger will be installed at this location. Those are not known yet since as far as I know no site plan has been found yet.
1687748948034.png

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Tdreamer's comment about us not knowing the exact location on the site had me going back to the county permit (first post above) to see if it had been updated with a site plan, and I noticed something odd that hasn't been mentioned here yet. It says:

"Electric vehicle charging station for 16 Tesla stalls, 12 existing stalls to be modified for a net stall change of +4"

Uh, there are no "12 existing stalls" there. Several Level 2 stations, sure, but no supercharging. I'm guessing that's a copy-paste error on the part of Tesla or their contractor ...

Tdreamer's comment about us not knowing the exact location on the site had me going back to the county permit (first post above) to see if it had been updated with a site plan, and I noticed something odd that hasn't been mentioned here yet. It says:

"Electric vehicle charging station for 16 Tesla stalls, 12 existing stalls to be modified for a net stall change of +4"

Uh, there are no "12 existing stalls" there. Several Level 2 stations, sure, but no supercharging. I'm guessing that's a copy-paste error on the part of Tesla or their contractor ...
Could be a copy/paste issue. Also could be an original proposal by Tesla was for 12 stalls and they then upped it to 16 but needed to make modifications to the original 12 from an earlier site plan. Another possibility is it's 12 supercharger stalls plus 4 Tesla L2 stalls which has started happening in a few places. Time will tell.

Stopped by this site today after the wife and I spent the day in Dahlonega. No activity that I could see, at least regarding a Supercharger install. Haven’t been to this area in quite a while and plenty has changed. Nice new Ace Hardware, several restaurants and shops at satellite shopping centers around the anchor store. Once installed this will be a great Supercharger used to/from trips to the NE GA mountains. And next year Tesla is supposed to install Superchargers in Helen, which will be great as well.

Good news for me. I was just in Gainesville a little over a month ago. While I had no problem, it still would have been nice to have it.

My old friend (the word old modifying both the length of our relationship and his age) is a true Luddite. I think it made him cringe to even ride in my car, but it was fun yanking his chain.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Stopped by today. Rough construction in progress!
Based on the photos, the site is located in the back parking lot at 34.316069, -83.797249. Please update the location in @supercharge.info.

Electric vehicle charging station for 16 Tesla stalls, 12 existing stalls to be modified for a net stall change of +4

This makes more sense now. I think they are going to use 12 of the existing parking space in the back and create additional 4 spaces.

Last edited:
6:02pm

The crew was working late. I asked if it was a V4 getting installed and they said no V3. Lots of traffic!

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpeg
    IMG_1150.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg