Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - George, WA (LIVE 7 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passed underground conduit inspection today.
1692220210361.png

Regards to the bathroom situation that's starting to show up more and more ("hostile" hosts that lock the bathrooms or claim they're just for customers). I wonder if this will be a slight nudge towards pay for use bathrooms. While I hate paying for anything extra these days, if there was a welcoming bathroom for Tesla (and now all EV) chargers but it was $2.50 a visit or something... I probably would rather have that then have to cross the street and "duck" into a store and try the door and find it locked and have to go up to the register and ask to use it and feel like I'm being judged for not buying something etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm just weird like that but I frequently don't buy random junk when I charge and I don't really want a soda or something rolling around in my car. I also don't really want to wait in line and ask to use a restroom or buy something and then ask. Just give me a tap to pay style thing on the restroom door and keep them clean and well stocked. If a business needs to find it financially beneficial to do so, I get that.

But I would like clear directions/instructions for people charging (IE EV Owners welcome to use restroom) or something and if possible no contact with an employee. Let me get in and out and back on the road.

Regards to the bathroom situation that's starting to show up more and more ("hostile" hosts that lock the bathrooms or claim they're just for customers). I wonder if this will be a slight nudge towards pay for use bathrooms. While I hate paying for anything extra these days, if there was a welcoming bathroom for Tesla (and now all EV) chargers but it was $2.50 a visit or something... I probably would rather have that then have to cross the street and "duck" into a store and try the door and find it locked and have to go up to the register and ask to use it and feel like I'm being judged for not buying something etc etc etc.

Maybe I'm just weird like that but I frequently don't buy random junk when I charge and I don't really want a soda or something rolling around in my car. I also don't really want to wait in line and ask to use a restroom or buy something and then ask. Just give me a tap to pay style thing on the restroom door and keep them clean and well stocked. If a business needs to find it financially beneficial to do so, I get that.

But I would like clear directions/instructions for people charging (IE EV Owners welcome to use restroom) or something and if possible no contact with an employee. Let me get in and out and back on the road.
You would love Germany!!

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
You would love Germany!!
I don't love it, but I want a better solution that business owners feeling like people charging are taking advantage of them and us having to feel like little kids asking if we can use the restroom. I really feel weird walking into places like hotels and asking the desk where the restroom is. Could be a business opportunity for someone to build out some basic restroom facilities around these chargers, especially some of the more remote ones and then keep them stocked/clean and make a bit of profit off all of it.

I don't love it, but I want a better solution that business owners feeling like people charging are taking advantage of them and us having to feel like little kids asking if we can use the restroom. I really feel weird walking into places like hotels and asking the desk where the restroom is. Could be a business opportunity for someone to build out some basic restroom facilities around these chargers, especially some of the more remote ones and then keep them stocked/clean and make a bit of profit off all of it.
If business owners feel that they are being taken advantage of by Tesla drivers, then they shouldn't host a site. Sure, you hope that people charging will patronize your business but unless you say no charging unless you buy X (which you can do with destination chargers but not superchargers) there is nothing you can do about it. I am sure it is part of their lease with Tesla for the site.

If business owners feel that they are being taken advantage of by Tesla drivers, then they shouldn't host a site. Sure, you hope that people charging will patronize your business but unless you say no charging unless you buy X (which you can do with destination chargers but not superchargers) there is nothing you can do about it. I am sure it is part of their lease with Tesla for the site.
I suspect plenty of people either don’t expect as many people charging as they end up with, don’t actually see revenue increase much (or at least do a poor job correlating it with chargers) or simply don’t care what they signed.

I also don’t recall actually ever seeing a contract to host a site. Maybe it’s just assumed owners will also be customers and thus use facilities like anyone else?

I suspect plenty of people either don’t expect as many people charging as they end up with, don’t actually see revenue increase much (or at least do a poor job correlating it with chargers) or simply don’t care what they signed.

I also don’t recall actually ever seeing a contract to host a site. Maybe it’s just assumed owners will also be customers and thus use facilities like anyone else?
Since they are legal and private contracts, the only way you’d see them is to be a signing party to them.