Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goderich ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, we should only be creating these threads when there is concrete evidence of the supercharger is/ will be built.

examples: a permit, a tip, construction.
It's and Tesla now even announces what qtr.. we even have naming conventions too on these thread titles as "possible" and once we see pictures it' gets changed .. what's wrong with these threads ? Why we need to wait for permit / tip when Tesla announce the actual qtr ?

It's and Tesla now even announces what qtr.. we even have naming conventions too on these thread titles as "possible" and once we see pictures it' gets changed .. what's wrong with these threads ? Why we need to wait for permit / tip when Tesla announce the actual qtr ?
Because Tesla doesn't have any credibility when it comes to the timing of supercharger openings.

Anyways, everyone has their own opinion, but I too dislike supercharger threads being started with no evidence of permit or construction (or even anonymous tip). To provide just one reason why, it is absolutely maddening to see threads like this get bumped over and over and every time you see the thread at the top, you think there must be some news about construction or whatever only to find a post like "Anyone heard anything about a supercharger in Goderich? I really need this one by May when we visit my wife's family in Port Albert." I've seen threads go on like this for years and years.

1649791845833.png

There shouldn't be anything that needs changing with the supercharge.info status, it's already set to "permit" (which covers everything before "construction" basically). The "discuss" link doesn't point to this thread, though - do you want me to fix that?

Oh ok cool should we ask @Chuq to fix the link and also change to construction ?

currently the discuss link is pointing to twitter
I haven't seen anyone confirm that this is indeed Goderich. It looks like Huron County landscape (I grew up not too far from Goderich) but if you look at Google Maps Sat view, there isn't any agricultural land around the Canadian Tire - and this looks like farm fields beside the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayoo