Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gulf Breeze, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No change. Meter is at 1KWh used, lights are still off. I checked to see if there was WiFi, but my car found nothing. The middle cabinet has a nub antenna I've seen at other chargers, but not sure if its related to wifi or cell communications. Interestingly, one lock was unlocked on a cabinet. I wasn't going to open it, though.

20230329_213044.jpg

20230329_213117.jpg

20230329_213311.jpg

20230329_213740.jpg

Same. I was hoping to use the Destin Supercharger for an upcoming trip, but this Supercharger has reset my expectations on the pace of rollouts in the Florida panhandle.

Does anyone know if the utility will let Tesla build the site before they have the power secured? Like could this Supercharger be delayed because the utility needs to complete an upgrade of their supporting infrastructure? I am not sure how much stress a 12x250 Supercharger site puts on the utilities, so I am not sure if this is a big ask, or if this is a “no big deal” type of ask.

I’m flabbergasted as to how this site is still not operational.

Same. I was hoping to use the Destin Supercharger for an upcoming trip, but this Supercharger has reset my expectations on the pace of rollouts in the Florida panhandle.

Does anyone know if the utility will let Tesla build the site before they have the power secured? Like could this Supercharger be delayed because the utility needs to complete an upgrade of their supporting infrastructure? I am not sure how much stress a 12x250 Supercharger site puts on the utilities, so I am not sure if this is a big ask, or if this is a “no big deal” type of ask.

The SC is connected and on power. I doubt FPL would have let them connect it if the local lines couldn't handle it. Plus this SC sits in the middle of a pretty large shopping complex with a Publix, Lowes, WalMart, and a bunch of additional buildings with other shops and restaurants. I doubt power infrastructure is the issue, but I could be wrong.

I'm currently planning a trip to Pensacola Beach. I'm from there originally. I want to take my Tesla but may have a rent a car if this supercharger is not active within the next couple of weeks.
I just got back from a trip there earlier this week. I was hoping this one would open while I was there, but I ended up driving about 20 miles down I-10 to the Loxley, AL, supercharger. It’s at a Buc-ee’s, not a bad stop!

This location previously said opening Q1 and now the Supercharger map says Q3...hopefully that is not true.

View attachment 925692

Probably an oversight. There's no way they're going to build a site and let it sit for 3+ months with no use/revenue unless some MAJOR unforseen problem popped up. If that was the case, I'd expect they'd have been covered up by now.

I’ve got a trip to Navarre coming up on the first week of May. Been keeping an eye on this and assumed there was plenty of time for this station to be activated, but I’ve got to admit I’m starting to sweat a little bit here. Really don’t want to have to drive to Crestview every few days.

Reactions: Jonathon Alan
I’ve got a trip to Navarre coming up on the first week of May. Been keeping an eye on this and assumed there was plenty of time for this station to be activated, but I’ve got to admit I’m starting to sweat a little bit here. Really don’t want to have to drive to Crestview every few days.
Depending on how low you’re comfortable with your SOC - and how long you want to wait at a level 2 - Juana’s Pagodas just across the Navarre causeway provides up to 3 hours of free charging. They have two 23-MPH level 2 chargers which are usually available. Within reasonable walking distance of both the Navarre beach pier, Windjammers and, of course, the beach.

I would not count on this Supercharger to be operational by 5/1. (There. I said it and will be thrilled to be WRONG if it does open prior to May 1).

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson

In addition to the barely running SC, there's also 4x chargers (2x 1772, 2x Tesla DC) at the Culver's on 98. You may need to ask for them to be turned on when you order. I used those and the ones as Juanas pretty heavily my first couple of weeks of ownership while waiting for the electrician.

Reactions: jsight