Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gulf Breeze, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit filed for superchargers at 1430 Tiger Park Lane, Gulf Breeze, FL (Publix)

Attachments

• TeslaGulfBreeze.png
    TeslaGulfBreeze.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 502
Well, that's not a great spot for this one for travelers... hopefully the Pensacola charger won't actually be downtown. If there's anyone that can put a bug in planning's ear, the Pensacola charger should go at the I-10/110 interconnect. 6 miles south in the middle of downtown is a terrible idea. I've tried over the years, but every time that charger pops back up on the map it shows downtown but "location subject to change".

Well, that's not a great spot for this one for travelers... hopefully the Pensacola charger won't actually be downtown. If there's anyone that can put a bug in planning's ear, the Pensacola charger should go at the I-10/110 interconnect. 6 miles south in the middle of downtown is a terrible idea. I've tried over the years, but every time that charger pops back up on the map it shows downtown but "location subject to change".
I agree. At this point just having one at all in Pensacola would help though! I see they’ve added it back to the Tesla find us map! So maybe this is a good sign.

Agreed on the location, as well. Pensacola wasn't part of the leak list, though, so it looks like we're waiting a while to know for sure.

Usually when they add a supercharger to coming soon, the location is merely a placeholder - Louisville, KY's 1st and 2nd chargers were shown as downtown as well, then they were on the central and eastern parts of the city.

Looks like construction is just about to start. There is a mini-excavator parked in an area of the Publix parking lot with cones blocking off about 6 parking spots. This is the Northwest corner of the Publix Parking lot. Basically right at the intersection between Publix, Lowes, Walgreens, and Rock and Roll Sushi.

Attachments

• GB SuperC 3.jpg
    GB SuperC 3.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 123
  • GBSuperC1.jpg
    GBSuperC1.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 113
  • GBSuperC2.jpg
    GBSuperC2.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 127
Looks like construction is just about to start. There is a mini-excavator parked in an area of the Publix parking lot with cones blocking off about 6 parking spots. This is the Northwest corner of the Publix Parking lot. Basically right at the intersection between Publix, Lowes, Walgreens, and Rock and Roll Sushi.
Yep! I just rode by and saw the same. Since we know this is going to be a prefab site, hopefully it won't take long. Getting power in there might be the longest wait, since the existing lines are on the eastern side of the parking lot instead of the western side.

Reactions: Jonathon Alan
Yep! I just rode by and saw the same. Since we know this is going to be a prefab site, hopefully it won't take long. Getting power in there might be the longest wait, since the existing lines are on the eastern side of the parking lot instead of the western side.
Hopefully electrical supply will not be too much of an issue. There is already a transform/power cabinet about 20 yards away already on the West side of the parking lot. It’s actually shown in one of my pictures. Here it is circled in red

Attachments

• 67A2AAB2-B830-4AE3-895E-7E624BCDB1B0.jpeg
    67A2AAB2-B830-4AE3-895E-7E624BCDB1B0.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 127
Hopefully electrical supply will not be too much of an issue. There is already a transform/power cabinet about 20 yards away already on the West side of the parking lot. It’s actually shown in one of my pictures. Here it is circled in red
D'oh. I missed that when I drove by it yesterday and didn't catch it in the photo.

Yeah, hopefully that'll speed things up. I don't have a personal need for it, but I'm sure the SC will be a welcome addition for a lot of folks.

Reactions: Jonathon Alan
Prefabricated pedestals are now in place. I didn’t realize there were going to be 4 chargers per pedestal. This is going to be a 12 stall V3 Supercharger! Way more than needed in this location, but hey you won’t have to wait to charge here for a long time to come!

Attachments

• 0C8C5CB1-A0DF-4981-8829-38F459925E9E.jpeg
    0C8C5CB1-A0DF-4981-8829-38F459925E9E.jpeg
    494.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 6A7843AA-B900-4288-AB25-49D55BA09FC8.jpeg
    6A7843AA-B900-4288-AB25-49D55BA09FC8.jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 121
  • D9E553E9-4545-40DC-AB10-B58A650CF1A1.jpeg
    D9E553E9-4545-40DC-AB10-B58A650CF1A1.jpeg
    571.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DFF4E8CA-7892-4E1B-850A-F856EF7FED6A.jpeg
    DFF4E8CA-7892-4E1B-850A-F856EF7FED6A.jpeg
    880.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 5524FC37-47C0-4F26-9242-890BD1502668.jpeg
    5524FC37-47C0-4F26-9242-890BD1502668.jpeg
    814.7 KB · Views: 135
This will be big improvement for vacationers like me. Last time I stayed out on Pensacola Beach I had a hell of a time charging. the complex I rented in didn’t even have a working exterior 110 outlet I could trickle charge from. Luckily the hotel down the street had a Tesla destination charger so I left the car there most of the day charging. Being able to drive over to Gulf Breeze and charge in 30 minutes will be a great improvemen.

This will be big improvement for vacationers like me. Last time I stayed out on Pensacola Beach I had a hell of a time charging. the complex I rented in didn’t even have a working exterior 110 outlet I could trickle charge from. Luckily the hotel down the street had a Tesla destination charger so I left the car there most of the day charging. Being able to drive over to Gulf Breeze and charge in 30 minutes will be a great improvemen.
It is definitely going to be a great addition for visitors to the area. The one Electrify America station that we have in Pensacola generally only has one working charger at any given time. This will beat that hands down. I really wish we could get one up by I10 for all the travelers, but this will have to do for now. Next up Destin or Ft Walton Beach for a Supercharger!