Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hannibal, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a planned trip from our home in O’Fallon, MO to the Mississippi River Headwaters in Minnesotta, then we are going to take a week to sightsee our way back home over the next week.
After seeing the charger open, we left home at 84% after the daily commute, we had planned on charging at home to get as close to 100% as we could before leaving, but figured we would stop and verify it was open after seeing a report it was the previous day.
Looks like it took ~75% of our battery capacity to get from our home to Iowa City, IA for the night. Making the run to Brainerd, MN today.
How much battery did you use from Ofallon to Hannibal? We have family up there and needed this charger to go visit if we wanted to make it a day trip. So glad to see this charger up and running!

How much battery did you use from Ofallon to Hannibal? We have family up there and needed this charger to go visit if we wanted to make it a day trip. So glad to see this charger up and running!
Looks like 25%

Attachments

• 250F22B7-65A0-4D26-9FA5-F92DDCF55AFB.jpeg
    250F22B7-65A0-4D26-9FA5-F92DDCF55AFB.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 72
drove bye the Hannibal supercharger on May 14, a day or two after it opened. I noticed one charger was blocked by a pickup truck and another by an ICE sedan. Was this intentional icing or is there another explanation?
I know when we charged on the evening of the 14th all chargers were clear of ICE Vehicles.
One Casey's employee was outside and talked to us for a few minutes, she had never seen a Tesla, another person who seemed to know the employee asked me about range and charge time.
As others drove by we received several positive waves and smiles. :)
It looks to be a busy location and I can see this happening frequently, hoping it doesn't interfere with charging when people arrive.
Not lumping everyone into one basket, but this is a fairly rural area, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a frequent event.

I'll be stopping there for a quick 2-3 minute charge on Friday evening. I'm so excited about this location.

It's perfect for my trip from O'Fallon, IL to Burlington, IA. It's just the right distance from home for a 2-3 minute bathroom break to get 20-30 miles of extra range.

Reactions: tstolze
So glad for this one to be up and running along with the others along the Avenue of the Saints route. Just a few months ago this drive from st.louis to Rochester where I have good friends would have been a tough stretch now theres multiple stops with another to open soon!! Cant wait to get my Model Y and make a visit! Side note Im actualy traveling about 2/3ds of this route tomorrow for work. Sure wish I had my Tesla already. Ill probably stop at each location for a break just to learn where they are and check out the areas around them...

I just used this charger last night. Supercharging is simply amazing. I didn't need to charge, but my body needed a bathroom break. By the time my wife let the dogs go pee, and the two of us used the facilities we had gained something like 60 miles. It was a no time wasted stop as fast as we could reasonably be. The general public doesn't realize how fast/easy road tripping Teslas is if you do even the slightest amount of planning.

BTW, the single urinal at the Casey's is out of service so you can expect lines at the bathroom.

VERY NICE! Used Hannibal twice this last week to travel from Eastern IA to Lake of the Ozarks. PERFECT! The charger ramped up to 230kW for a few minutes. Stopped by Mt Pleasant, IA too - they told me a a couple more weeks (Sometime in early June 2021). This will really help in the winter - Tesla Model Y only gets a couple hundred miles in very cold and windy conditions. Big thank you to Hy-Vee in Midwest for teaming with Tesla for superchargers!

Big thank you to Hy-Vee in Midwest for teaming with Tesla for superchargers!
Would be really nice if HyVee would consider hosting one in Galesburg at their store on Main St. just off I-74. That would nicely help with those traveling from SE Iowa to/from eastern Illinois via the Hwy 34 artery over to I-74. Not quite as convenient as if Tesla could locate one in Galesburg at the Hwy-34 / I-74 interchange, but main stores there are Walmart and Menards, neither of which have shown any interest to my knowledge in hosting Tesla chargers (Walmart appears to be more into hosting Electrify America chargers).