Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must have just missed you this morning [
Must have just missed you this morning @boofagle
Here are some of my shots:

Thank you for all the pictures. Its great to keep up with the progress. I'm thinking the pole mounted transformers are not part of the supercharger installation based on the pictures posted on the Tesla Forum. In those pictures there is a transformer pad to the right side of the installation looking at it from the parking lot.

Google Maps

Already on Google Maps. Neat!

I drive round trip between Mechancisburg and Philadelphia EVERY DAY. This is perfect for on my way home to add a few extra miles for little league games and running errands.. Waiting an extra 45 minutes for the HPWC at home is sometimes problematic with the time of day. -I was stopping here to use the Sheetz charger (also one across the street from my house in Mechanicsburg).
Glad they got it figured out- Now we need one in North Central PA and we will be in good shape!

Kevin. Do you ever use the chargers on the Turnpike? I've used them often and its great when, like you, I want a few extra miles. Obviously the SC will solve that problem..

Very excited about this Supercharger. We were in town (definitely not a special trip to see it I told the wife), so we stopped and talked to the workers on their lunch break. They had never seen a Tesla before, so I talked to them for a few minutes, then snapped a couple of pictures. The photos above are much better. It looks like 10 stalls and I'd guess two weeks until open.

Link to pics

• Informative
Reactions: CatB and jrreno
Thank you for all the pictures. Its great to keep up with the progress. I'm thinking the pole mounted transformers are not part of the supercharger installation based on the pictures posted on the Tesla Forum. In those pictures there is a transformer pad to the right side of the installation looking at it from the parking lot.

Looks like the transformers at Tannersville and Allentown to me.

Kevin. Do you ever use the chargers on the Turnpike? I've used them often and its great when, like you, I want a few extra miles. Obviously the SC will solve that problem..

I use the blink chademo chargers very often. They are prone to go out of service for days at a time though, so I can't really rely on them without checking the app before I leave. 140 mph charging rate isn't bad, but obviously 300+ is better! There is a new one at the king of Prussia rest area I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming it's the same as the others.

I honestly believe the king of Prussia mall is getting a bank of superchargers. They are completing a very large construction project including a parking garage and it would be very easy run available power during this stage. It's the largest mall in America, with a TESLA gallery. It's a logical choice.

I use the blink chademo chargers very often. They are prone to go out of service for days at a time though, so I can't really rely on them without checking the app before I leave. 140 mph charging rate isn't bad, but obviously 300+ is better! There is a new one at the king of Prussia rest area I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming it's the same as the others.

I honestly believe the king of Prussia mall is getting a bank of superchargers. They are completing a very large construction project including a parking garage and it would be very easy run available power during this stage. It's the largest mall in America, with a TESLA gallery. It's a logical choice.

I would have thought it's a logical choice for a couple dozen of the new string capable wall connectors (HPWC got another new name) on a few different circuits instead.

I would have thought it's a logical choice for a couple dozen of the new string capable wall connectors (HPWC got another new name) on a few different circuits instead.

The 'string chargers' would be ideal for shopping and such, as well as being able to install large amounts for a fraction of the cost of a supercharger. I wonder if there will be a software update to allow others to unplug your car once your charging goal has been reached. By allowing this along with installing chargers on islands (or on pillars in a parking garage) separating two rows of parking you can increase availability and decrease (some) waiting times.

The 'string chargers' would be ideal for shopping and such, as well as being able to install large amounts for a fraction of the cost of a supercharger. I wonder if there will be a software update to allow others to unplug your car once your charging goal has been reached. By allowing this along with installing chargers on islands (or on pillars in a parking garage) separating two rows of parking you can increase availability and decrease (some) waiting times.

That's the beauty of the string chargers. As I understand it from the couple of posts describing them, the new wall connectors are like the HPWC, except they can communicate with each other and share a power line.

So you'd have a group of four wall connectors sitting on a single 100A circuit, for example. If one car plugs in, it gets as much juice as it asks for, up to the full 80A.

If two more show up, all are given up to 27A - until one finishes, at which point the remaining two get offered 40 A each.

Set up this way, there's no need to unplug you when you're done, unless there aren't enough cables and another spot is in reach - the master wall charger reapportions the power dynamically.

Note: I'm making a bunch of inferences about how this all works from rather limited data about the new Wall Connectors - we may well learn that I've misunderstood some of this as we go along.
Walter

I think it was mentioned earlier, but this location has on site:
food:
-Jimmy Johns
-Starbucks
-Texas Roudhouse
-Qdoba (under construction right now)
-Wendy's
-Outback Steakhouse
-Joe K's Brewhouse
-Chinese food place
fun:
-Get Air (trampoline place)
-Chuck E Cheese

Sheetz, Waffle House and Subway are within walking distance.

Reactions: madodel
I don't want to derail the Harrisburg thread, but I thought I had a logical site on I-80 given Tesla's planning map, but Tesla's had them join the destination program. So hopefully they already have another site in the area picked out.

I've got a few trips to NEPA planned for the coming weeks, so I ought to just put the grand opening scissors and ribbon in the car :)

Reactions: jrreno and madodel
It sure helps bridge the time until production starts. I hope to swing by this weekend again. Exciting to see so many tesla support in this area. I stoped by at paramus store in NJ last night while i was at training there and it was a great experiance. Technicaly they ware closed for the day but 2 emplyees ware still around and invited me into the showroom.