Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hesperia, CA (LIVE 17 Nov 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the status of Hesperia, CA also a "coming soon" for 2017 Supercharger site along the same I-15 corridor between the El Cajon Pass and Vegas?

I drove by the place where the Tesla Supercharger map locates the Hesperia Supercharge and concluded that it will not be there. Not a buildable or strategic location. So I do not know exactly where the SC will be placed. I have kept my eye out for any news related to the Hesperia SC project and so far crickets. I live in Apple Valley (adjoining Hesperia) so am interested in a SC closer than Barstow or Rancho Cucamonga (both over 40 miles away). If anyone knows of exact site location, please post.

Note that the gray icons indicating future Supercharger locations on the Tesla Find Us map, in places where there is no existing Supercharger, are just located in the city/town center and do not indicate the exact location of the future Supercharger. This has been verified at multiple locations over the past year when a new Supercharger appears at a slightly different location than the gray icon on the Find Us map.

I drove by the place where the Tesla Supercharger map locates the Hesperia Supercharge and concluded that it will not be there.

I laughed when I saw where the location pin was placed. No, I highly suspect the SC will be located on one of the four corners of the Hesperia, Main Street - I-15 intersection, where you have some big anchor stores like Target and Walmart Supercenters. Lots of new construction going on in the northeast quarter. Along with Walmart in the southeast quarter, you have Springhill Suites and a Marriott. The northwest quarter has an HIE & Suites Hotel. There are tons of fast food joints and restaurants. Looks like a pick and choose for Tesla.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 11.16.13 AM.png

The Tesla Supercharger map shows a SC is due to open in 2019 in Hesperia CA. On April 11, 2019 a planning permit was issued by the City of Hesperia CA for "vehicle charging stations" at the Walmart. 14301 Main Street, Hesperia, CA.
These may only be for Level 2 chargers but they could be for Tesla chargers. If anyone is in the area could they please provide an update to the construction.

On a recent trip from 29 Palms to Lancaster, I was unable to reach the Santa Clarita SC on a full charge from the 29 Palms SC. That was because of 4 things. Heavy headwinds in places, using a/c continuously due to temperatures exceeding 100 degrees in the high desert and some gradients in places, but mostly flat. I drove at the speed limit the whole time - never above 65 mph. The fourth reason I blame on Elon Musk. He reduced my range by 26 miles on my Model S 85 without any warning or reason in the last update.

Consequently, I had to get a small charge to reach the Santa Clarita SC for my final destination. A nearby option was the Element Hotel in Palmdale which has 3 Tesla destination chargers for free. So there was me sitting in my Tesla with the a/c on but 100+ degrees outside for a whole hour just to get 20 miles on a Level 2 charger to reach the next SC. Shame on Elon Musk for inconveniencing me unnecessarily. I certainly could have done with those extra 26 miles.

The only silver lining is that SCs are planned for Hesperia and Palmdale for 2019. But no sign of any permits yet.

Likely permit for the Hesperia supercharger at the Target store, issued in September. Found and reported on supercharge.info forum by Burton29. This one is on the list of "upcoming" supercharger builds at Target stores that Marco dug up a few months ago (see this thread). And even though the permit doesn't mention Tesla explicitly, it is for a big station--16 stalls with future expansion to 20--and the contractor is EVI who has done a number of supercharger builds for Tesla in CA. All in all, I'll be pretty surprised if this isn't it. I also checked the city of Hesperia's inspections report listing and it shows that there may have been a call for inspection of work under this permit already, so it's possible that it's already under construction. Anyone who goes by, please look for any activity in the Target lots and take some pics if you see anything.

What: Likely 16 V3 superchargers permitted to be built at the Hesperia Target.
Address: 12795 Main St, Hesperia, CA 92345, USA

Hesperia, CA_permit.JPG

Likely permit for the Hesperia supercharger at the Target store, issued in September. Found and reported on supercharge.info forum by Burton29. This one is on the list of "upcoming" supercharger builds at Target stores that Marco dug up a few months ago (see this thread). And even though the permit doesn't mention Tesla explicitly, it is for a big station--16 stalls with future expansion to 20--and the contractor is EVI who has done a number of supercharger builds for Tesla in CA. All in all, I'll be pretty surprised if this isn't it. I also checked the city of Hesperia's inspections report listing and it shows that there may have been a call for inspection of work under this permit already, so it's possible that it's already under construction. Anyone who goes by, please look for any activity in the Target lots and take some pics if you see anything.

What: Likely 16 V3 superchargers permitted to be built at the Hesperia Target.
Address: 12795 Main St, Hesperia, CA 92345, USA

View attachment 605499
Definitely for Superchargers.

The full permit report file is here: Hesperia (Supercharger at p. 6)

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz3D and otter
Glad to see this finally happening. This has been scheduled since January of 2017. Excellent place for the 160K people that live in Victor Valley plus all who are traveling to the Sierras or to LV. For those who live in the High Desert, it will be nice to top off before heading home after a day of business down the hill. May take some pressure off the Rancho Cucamonga SC.