Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3010.JPG

Reactions: mociaf9
I went by this place on 10 Jan and it looked exactly like the pictures above.

I doubt with the 15 degree weather right now they are going to do anything.
The photo was taken the day before...the concrete is curing under those "blankets" with a heater. Same status today (12th) and the lightposts are not yet arrived/installed...the cold shouldn't hold things up since all the pouring is done and just curing

Notice they still need to erect a barrier around charging cabinets and paint lanes on concrete. I wonder if wiring is completed. How long does it take for the town of Hudson to inspect it. It could be ready for use by end of month!
If you live nearby, be careful as your Tesla allows a limited number of super charges because it overheats batteries.

If you live nearby, be careful as your Tesla allows a limited number of super charges because it overheats batteries.
This isn’t true. The battery is liquid and refrigerant cooled. You can supercharge as many times as you want consecutively and it won’t limit how many times in a day/hour. Even if you hot lapped the car again and again. DC charging doesn’t use the onboard chargers which would be the only component to really have heat soak issues and that’s only on Model S and X.

Last edited:
This isn’t true. The battery is liquid and refrigerant cooled. You can supercharge as many times as you want consecutively and it won’t limit how many times in a day/hour. Even if you hot lapped the car again and again. DC charging doesn’t use the onboard chargers which would be the only component to really have heat soak issues and that’s only on Model S and X.
You may feel differently after reading " If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging" by OP Naonak. I was shocked reading it thinking I could use a SC as many times as I wanted. Now I sadly know differently. Sorry, the thread is exhaustive.

You may feel differently after reading " If you fast charge, Tesla will permanently throttle charging" by OP Naonak. I was shocked reading it thinking I could use a SC as many times as I wanted. Now I sadly know differently. Sorry, the thread is exhaustive.
That’s from abusing the supercharger network not from overheating. But this thread isn’t about this so let’s not get off topic. If you want to take the discussion private your welcome to PM me.

That thread is specifically about 90kWh batteries in the S and X. They use a different chemistry than the others. I supercharge a ton on my 85 (most of my driving is long distance) and I am not rate limited. My battery has lost about 3.5% range in 4 years/70k miles.

Reactions: BagheeraNY