Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C4AB18B0-7133-49F8-BE8C-D08754B7E5D0.jpeg Success!!!

I guess you couldn't tell due to the snow but that's the one stall that you are supposed to pull forward into instead of backing into.

As a courtesy to Tesla drivers, you should avoid charging at that one, if possible, and leave it for vehicle that are pulling trailers. Obviously it was empty when you were there but if a car with a trailer pulled in, they would either have to unhook their trailer or use the other stalls and block nearly all of the other stalls.

download_20200208_064159.jpg

I guess you couldn't tell due to the snow but that's the one stall that you are supposed to pull forward into instead of backing into.

As a courtesy to Tesla drivers, you should avoid charging at that one, if possible, and leave it for vehicle that are pulling trailers. Obviously it was empty when you were there but if a car with a trailer pulled in, they would either have to unhook their trailer or use the other stalls and block nearly all of the other stalls.

View attachment 509203
Oops. But I tried the other first, and I would have needed to shovel a little. Those cords are short. Cheers that the lot was plowed, but there was still a little snow bank.

View attachment 509203

Thanks for posting this picture, helps show what equipment is part of a V3 install! Very simple installation! Nice...

Another guy just pulled in and saw the Tesla only spots and left. Yay! :)

I must have just missed you. All the spaces are empty and I’m charging as fast as I would expect for an A battery. I’m shocked at how warm it is today but great for walking around.
9DDBE94A-AC5A-43DC-8FB1-33EF4A842097.jpeg
C5D2F613-4A1E-4721-9ECF-6AFEE374389D.jpeg

Edit: BTW, Westbound & Down, which is about a two block walk East from the SC, has some really great burgers and beer and has fast service.

Last edited:
BTW, Westbound & Down, which is about a two block walk East from the SC, has some really great burgers and beer and has fast service.

2nd vote for westbound and down, and the two brothers deli, they also serve fast, and have great organic menu with vegan options.

They are all full of snow right now, but there are some great short hikes that go uphill on both sides of 103 to various lookouts, and could be done in 30-40 minutes at a good pace... I'm thinking of making a map once the weather gets better and putting it up somewhere near the chargers. It would be something to do if you would rather get some steps instead of drink a beer:)

2nd vote for westbound and down, and the two brothers deli, they also serve fast, and have great organic menu with vegan options.

They are all full of snow right now, but there are some great short hikes that go uphill on both sides of 103 to various lookouts, and could be done in 30-40 minutes at a good pace... I'm thinking of making a map once the weather gets better and putting it up somewhere near the chargers. It would be something to do if you would rather get some steps instead of drink a beer:)
That would be great if there was walks or hikes listed for SCs. For long trips there are more charge stops than meals!

Very impressed someone went up there to check with all of the snow incoming. Stay safe.
Heh, I didn't go just to check, I went skiing as well, but this was a very nice surprise on the way up. Those thinner cords are a lot nicer in the cold. Also, Silverthorne is a wreck right now, there were 4 working stalls when I was there. Some seem to be cold weather issues, but I can't figure what happened to this one:

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_083512.jpg
    IMG_20200207_083512.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 89
Went up to go to BeauJo's (my first time!). Wife didn't want to stop at the SC because she wanted to know what percentage we would return home with, but waved back at a guy carrying a DSLR who seemed to be charging at the time.

Averaged 125wh/mile on the way back from Idaho Springs to the top of the Tech Center :D

Went up to go to BeauJo's (my first time!). Wife didn't want to stop at the SC because she wanted to know what percentage we would return home with, but waved back at a guy carrying a DSLR who seemed to be charging at the time.

Averaged 125wh/mile on the way back from Idaho Springs to the top of the Tech Center :D

Was it about 1 PM and we’re you in a Model 3? If so, could have been me. I was wearing jeans and a plaid tan fishing shirt and carrying my Sony A6500.

Relatedly, there is a big development plan for The Argo including a new gondola which would take people from the mine entrance and up to the top of the hill where there would be access to lots of trails. Long term I wonder if it would end up like Glenwood Caverns with some amusement rides.

My car was charging at 112-114 miles/hr. It may just be that it was very cold, and I didn’t need as much charge. But I want to make sure there isn’t a reason my car was limiting charge rate.

Thx for photo of Silverthorne Charger tipped. Maybe this will generate a few replacements with upgrades.