Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Idle fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up a model X in a couple of weeks, quick question re idle fees at the Superchargers (sorry if this has already been covered). I know if you over stay at a super charger I will be charged, but how is it worked out?

Does it only start once the battery is full? Or from what is recommend as a charge state for a trip? I.e. if I’m on a road trip and the on board route planner suggests 2 charging stops for say 15 mins each to 60%, if I decide to stay longer than the 15 mins until I reach 80% at the 1st stop, will I be charged an idle fee for over staying the recommend time / charge rate?

So set your car to charge 10% less than you actually want, turn on app alerts for charging then your app will alert you when you are near/at you desired charge -10%. Adjust the charge up 10% in the app and it will give you 10-15 minutes extra to get back to your car whilst having a buffer to not get billed.

• Informative
Reactions: -DB-
So set your car to charge 10% less than you actually want, turn on app alerts for charging then your app will alert you when you are near/at you desired charge -10%. Adjust the charge up 10% in the app and it will give you 10-15 minutes extra to get back to your car whilst having a buffer to not get billed.

There is no need to do that. The mobile app will already give you an alert when you are 10% below you desired charge.

If I am needing a "full charge" at Supercharger (normally only need "Enough extra miles to get home / to destination) I set the Charge Limit to 100% - if I am delayed getting back to car it will carry on charging to my benefit for rest of journey.

If I am just needing "a bit" I'm going to be wanting to crack on anyway and will be back at car around the time it is ready.

Reactions: vitesse