Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rudolfo,
We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation at Seaworld a couple months ago. (While touring the Parc Soleil) They have J1772 chargers next to the main lobby. Call them, maybe they will shuttle you between their hotels. Worth a shot.

Really? YES!!!

I choose to believe that my conversations with them are at least a small part of their choosing to install those chargers. And I'll have to use this to pressure Tuscany Village and Parc Soleil as well. </rubs hands with glee>

Rudolfo,
We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation at Seaworld a couple months ago. (While touring the Parc Soleil) They have J1772 chargers next to the main lobby. Call them, maybe they will shuttle you between their hotels. Worth a shot.
Kent

Hi Kent,

Thanks for the information.

Some hotels are their own worst enemy. In this case they haven't managed to get around to advertising the availability of this important amenity on plugshare. They do have some vague remark about "Electric service" (whatever that means) on their amenities page.

Larry

Kent

Kent, did you actually see the chargers, or did they just tell you you could charge the car? I was just at the Parc Soleil over the weekend, and went to the Seaworld property to charge. No J1772 chargers. Spoke to the front desk, to facilities, engineering, everyone. Went around and looked. They even took me to where they charge their golf carts in case there might be a 240V plug-in point. Nothing... and there's no chargers listed on Chargepoint or Plugshare either.

I ended up charging at the DoubleTree Seaworld (10100 International Dr., Orlando, FL, 32821), where the chargers are publicly accessible and free to use, then Ubering to/from Parc Soleil. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Some hotels are their own worst enemy. In this case they haven't managed to get around to advertising the availability of this important amenity on plugshare.

In an opposite case, the Sheraton Vistana Village does advertise their chargers on PlugShare, and they do work, but they are for guests only. No transient parking whatsoever, even though I went to the Front Desk and asked for permission, information on staying there next time, and whatever else. We'll be happy to charge your car, but only AFTER you register with us for the night. Not thrilled by the response.

Kent, did you actually see the chargers, or did they just tell you you could charge the car? I was just at the Parc Soleil over the weekend, and went to the Seaworld property to charge. No J1772 chargers. Spoke to the front desk, to facilities, engineering, everyone. Went around and looked. They even took me to where they charge their golf carts in case there might be a 240V plug-in point. Nothing... and there's no chargers listed on Chargepoint or Plugshare either.

I ended up charging at the DoubleTree Seaworld (10100 International Dr., Orlando, FL, 32821), where the chargers are publicly accessible and free to use, then Ubering to/from Parc Soleil. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

In an opposite case, the Sheraton Vistana Village does advertise their chargers on PlugShare, and they do work, but they are for guests only. No transient parking whatsoever, even though I went to the Front Desk and asked for permission, information on staying there next time, and whatever else. We'll be happy to charge your car, but only AFTER you register with us for the night. Not thrilled by the response.

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Plugshare is my Go-To charger locator, but since it is crowd sourced we have to be careful to determine if we are reading something the host location wrote, or some over enthusiastic EV fan who was posting based on hearsay. Photos are a must to validate the presence of charging equipment.

I fully appreciate the reluctance of hotels and resorts to allow transient parking after making the investment in charging equipment. However, it is very short sighted of hotels with restaurants to not permit charging to their restaurant patrons. They are really sub-optimizing a revenue producing investment.

Larry

Nightmare in downtown Orlando on Thursday/Friday. Was staying at the Grand Bohemian (as I often do), and my usual Chargepoint charger located across the street had no power at all. Luckily, I always have a backup in mind, and a couple blocks away are 3 Chargepoint chargers located at the utility company. Well, sort of. There is 1 with a J1772, 1 with only a 120v, and 1 CHAdeMO. The one with the J1772 had power, but the J1772 cable would NOT release. Now I'm panicked, because even though I've given myself plenty of time, I'm now running up to the time for my meeting. I had one more chance within walking distance, at the Tax Payment Facility. Luckily, it worked, but was about 4 blocks away. Of course it started raining as I was walking back with my luggage.

There were 4 of us with Teslas at this meeting, and I ended up doing all of the hard work for all of us, and we rotated our way through the single charger in town. My usual one was free, but the other two were (or would have been) $0.13/kWh.

Nightmare in downtown Orlando on Thursday/Friday. Was staying at the Grand Bohemian (as I often do), and my usual Chargepoint charger located across the street had no power at all. Luckily, I always have a backup in mind, and a couple blocks away are 3 Chargepoint chargers located at the utility company. Well, sort of. There is 1 with a J1772, 1 with only a 120v, and 1 CHAdeMO. The one with the J1772 had power, but the J1772 cable would NOT release. Now I'm panicked, because even though I've given myself plenty of time, I'm now running up to the time for my meeting. I had one more chance within walking distance, at the Tax Payment Facility. Luckily, it worked, but was about 4 blocks away. Of course it started raining as I was walking back with my luggage.

There were 4 of us with Teslas at this meeting, and I ended up doing all of the hard work for all of us, and we rotated our way through the single charger in town. My usual one was free, but the other two were (or would have been) $0.13/kWh.

I've had great luck with the COO garage. The city hall spot has been hit or miss. Glad it worked out!

Has anyone checked out the Turkey Lake Service plaza on the turnpike? Orlando is among the coming soon group on the Tesla web site and three of the other coming soon ( Lake City, Ocala, Brandon) are opererational or close to it. Seems like there should be activity on the Orlando site.

Has anyone checked out the Turkey Lake Service plaza on the turnpike? Orlando is among the coming soon group on the Tesla web site and three of the other coming soon ( Lake City, Ocala, Brandon) are opererational or close to it. Seems like there should be activity on the Orlando site.

Hi Jim,

I may have missed it, but the on-line permit records do not yet show a permit for the Turkey Lake Service Plaza.

Larry

Hi Jim,

I may have missed it, but the on-line permit records do not yet show a permit for the Turkey Lake Service Plaza.

Larry

Larry
I realize the Turnpike location is just one of several possibilities for the Orlando coming soon dot. I was just thinking that it might not be a location that very many people would notice construction taking place. Would there be a local permit for work there? I assume it is state owned. Do they need to go through local processes?

Reno

Just stopped by the Turkey Lake Service Plaza. The Superchargers are here and well under construction. They are located on the South Bound side just North of the Food/Restroom area. There is a nice cut through with easy access from the North Bound side.

TeslaTurkey2.jpg
TeslaTurkey1.jpg

Just stopped by the Turkey Lake Service Plaza. The Superchargers are here and well under construction. They are located on the South Bound side just North of the Food/Restroom area. There is a nice cut through with easy access from the North Bound side.

Great find! Thanks!

So is this the location? Google Maps

Looks like 4 stalls and 2 Supercharger Cabinets, and it's on a toll road. Interesting...

Great find! Thanks!

So is this the location? Google Maps

Looks like 4 stalls and 2 Supercharger Cabinets, and it's on a toll road. Interesting...
CW, the Newark , Delaware SC is the same arrangement. Just used it this morning. Northbound you have to cut across to the southbound side to charge.

- - - Updated - - -

GatorB8t, Thanks for checking! I kinda wondered with the other Florida "coming soons" well under way if they had started it.

Last edited:
CW, the Newark , Delaware SC is the same arrangement. Just used it this morning. Northbound you have to cut across to the southbound side to charge.

- - - Updated - - -

GatorB8t, Thanks for checking! I kinda wondered with the other Florida "coming soons" well under way if they had started it.

Yes that's the location.

Here is the location. Looks like the first 4 stalls or so next to the white car.

Google Maps

Unfortunate, because no one going from Tampa to Daytona can use that location.

Although I'm certainly grateful for any additional charging options in Orlando, the current location at a toll road is far out of the way to the most popular attractions there. Perhaps that's by design?

l think that this location was just low hanging fruit for Tesla. It wouldn't surprise me if they pursued a more suitable Orlando location in addition to this service plaza. Orlando is certainly a destination that warrants a Supercharger location that is easily accessible from all directions.

Larry

Last edited: