Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Incline Village, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are a little behind if they truly want to open by end of summer.
upload_2018-9-20_9-1-54.png

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Why do the regulations specify 10/15? Is it because of snow and runoff? I know there is a storm that has a chance of snow in higher elevations (higher than Incline) next week, but surely 10/15 is too early to ban construction for snow.
The date is set (somewhat arbitrarily) to 10/15. This is to make sure that all trenches are filled and covered and there are no loose piles of dirt or no new piles of dirt if it rains or snows. The purpose is to prevent dirt runoff into the lake to preserve its clarity.
In some years with no precipitation in sight, they might extend the date for a week but that is rare.
We haven't had any precipitation all summer but the forecast now shows a changing weather pattern with wet storms from the South starting to form pretty much on schedule so I doubt there will be an extension. Usually we have wet weather starting in late October.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Big Earl
Looking at the permit online, it looks like they had to resubmit plans, and they were just recently approved. This would explain why they weren't working through most of the summer.
Building Review

Due on 05/24/2018, assigned to Steve LeCam
Marked as Corrections Required on 05/25/2018 by Steve LeCam
Due on 09/25/2018, assigned to SK
Marked as Approved on 09/19/2018 by SK
Also found the plans submitted with the permit application on the TRPA site and it looks like every spot will be 30 minute general parking.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and bkp_duke
Looks like they applied and were approved for an extension past the 10/15 deadline. It was approved for "Public Health and Safety" because of that wall. It does look like they are planning on finishing the site during the extension too, so that seems like a bit of a loophole.

Link to permit approval.
From the permit, it sounds like they will run the conduit, pour concrete and then "winterize" the site until May 1, 2019...so maybe they won't have the stalls installed until then? :(

Black & Veatch's contractors, Globenet Telecommunications would like to shore up the retaining wall for the purposes of safety and security and winterize the site all by November 1, 2018. We are asking for an construction schedule extension to finalize these critical construction actions in order to shut down the site and secure it for the winter season. We will resume construction for finaling starting May 1, 2019. In addition to this application for Grading Exemption, we have also applied for a Construction Schedule Extension to winterize the site. Please see attached Construction Schedule Extension Application and fee. Please note that we will shore up the retaining wall and winterize the site concurrently.

October 12th - Site/Equipment Mobilization October 15th - 16th - excavate trench to depth per plans October 17th -19th - Build Forms/Boxes October 19th -23rd - Tie Rebar Oct - 23-26th - Run conduits /inspections. October 29th - Backfill Trench/Grade October 30th-Nov 1 - Pour concrete (See attached email for confirmation of dates)

From the permit, it sounds like they will run the conduit, pour concrete and then "winterize" the site until May 1, 2019...so maybe they won't have the stalls installed until then? :(
I definitely don't know anything about permits or construction; but I think the winterization is for any exposed dirt/earth. I think if the conduit is run and everything is covered, they can build out anything above ground during the winter.

Reactions: Ulmo
Looks like they applied and were approved for an extension past the 10/15 deadline. It was approved for "Public Health and Safety" because of that wall. It does look like they are planning on finishing the site during the extension too, so that seems like a bit of a loophole.

Link to permit approval.
Definitely be good to get that filled in before winter. If they could do that, they could work on the stalls.

Reactions: Ulmo
Stopped by today to check on progress. Somehow they are already behind the schedule they provided for the extension. I wonder what the hold up is. Is it Tesla, or the contractors?

Attachments

• 941846E8-9E76-4AF2-9BB5-3BB9EBF1CAE0.jpeg
    941846E8-9E76-4AF2-9BB5-3BB9EBF1CAE0.jpeg
    798.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 1D7CD192-AF66-4385-B59E-1532AC0B9E17.jpeg
    1D7CD192-AF66-4385-B59E-1532AC0B9E17.jpeg
    864 KB · Views: 112
They have changed the target opening for the Incline Supercharger to be "more" accurate (hopefully). Also interestingly it says that Mobile Service is available in this area now. It always has (at least for the time I've had my Model 3) but it wasn't really advertised since it was based out of a service center near the Gigafactory and it isn't customer facing.
Untitled.png

There is a service center in Reno area but you can't drop your car off there. I had a service from them and they sent a flatbed truck for the car and returned it to my house (I live on the California side of the lake). Neighbor had the same thing.
I saw their mobile service at the Truckee SuperCharger a few months ago.
Good to hear that they are now running mobile service from this location. Should be convenient if I ever need service.

We stopped by today. They definitely winterized things as there is no sign of the conduit or trench. We did see all of the equipment as shown in previous pictures.
Glad to hear it. They were cutting it kind of close there. Too bad they couldn't get all the underground work done in time for the seasonal cut off date, though. At least this installation isn't some vital, massive hole-plugging location. So, having to wait until spring shouldn't be a terrible imposition for anyone.

Glad to hear it. They were cutting it kind of close there. Too bad they couldn't get all the underground work done in time for the seasonal cut off date, though. At least this installation isn't some vital, massive hole-plugging location. So, having to wait until spring shouldn't be a terrible imposition for anyone.
What's unfortunate is that they had the permit in place last year, so they had basically 7 months or so to actually do something and they didn't.