Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Incline Village, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The digging started again! (picture today) When will be finished is anyones guess
IMG_0089.JPG

This is as of right now. AT&T guy was there but he purposely didn’t make eye contact with me. Looks like they installed some equipment since yesterday. Any way to tell if this is V3?

There is an Electrify America charger across the isle against Raley’s wall.
Those are V2 cabinets that have been delivered but not installed yet.

That is an EVgo charger, not Electrify America. If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, you can charge there at about 38-40kW.

Edit: Sorry, this is not a DTA location. I was thinking of the Tahoe City location.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Was there late Saturday morning testing the Chademo charging with my Model 3. An NV energy guy was installing equipment in the gray cabinets, and said the main transformer would go in after he was done. He thought the site would be live "in a few weeks."

I go to this store regularly when I return from paddleboarding at Sand Harbor. Hardly anyone ever tries to park on that side of the building, and I never see trucks either. I think it will be a great place to charge!

Definitely V2 based on cable size at charger heads, but nonetheless should definitely help take the load off the Truckee Superchargers, and eliminate any need to use destination chargers at the Hyatt. The Hyatt used to be very Tesla-friendly, but due to a particular manager who holds a grudge against EVs, access to those chargers was greatly curtailed a few years ago. And lately their valet service has been ICEing out those charging spots during busy times of the year.

Last edited:
Was there late Saturday morning testing the Chademo charging with my Model 3. An NV energy guy was installing equipment in the gray cabinets, and said the main transformer would go in after he was done. He thought the site would be live "in a few weeks."

I go to this store regularly when I return from paddleboarding at Sand Harbor. Hardly anyone ever tries to park on that side of the building, and I never see trucks either. I think it will be a great place to charge!

Definitely V2 based on cable size at charger heads, but nonetheless should definitely help take the load off the Truckee Superchargers, and eliminate any need to use destination chargers at the Hyatt. The Hyatt used to be very Tesla-friendly, but due to a particular manager who holds a grudge against EVs, access to those chargers was greatly curtailed a few years ago. And lately their valet service has been ICEing out those charging spots during busy times of the year.
Why would you have a grudge against EV’s.

Why would you have a grudge against EV’s.

No idea - I confronted the guy (facilities manager) in the Hyatt lobby a couple years ago when I was meeting some Hyatt guests for a Hyatt-sponsored boat cruise I had paid for. I wanted to charge but he had ICEd out all the chargers with valet vehicles. I told him he had the obligation to make the chargers available because they were on the Tesla navigation system, and he told me to take a hike - didn't even try to be polite. I then asked the receptionist for a pair of scissors and proceeded to cut up my Hyatt rewards card. I'm now a Marriott Platinum rewards member and I do my best to steer my friends, employees, clients and family members away from booking rooms or restaurant reservations there.

I might be over-reacting, but I was at an event in Sacramento around 2010 when the Hyatt CEO spoke about how they were going create a charging network for Roadster owners at three locations. They never followed through, though years later the Incline Hyatt did install 3 destination chargers. But now thanks to this jerk they prioritize vallet gas cars over EVs.

At this point they should just rip out their chargers and tell Tesla owners to head for Raleys if they need a charge. At least then no EV drivers would get the false impression that the hotel is EV-friendly or that they can count on charging there.

Last edited:
I also had an issue at the Ritz Carlton Northstar a few years ago, we were staying for 4 days and they had the Nema 14-50 plugs in the parking garage. Of course it is only valet parking so went with the valet to find a spot and make sure it was plugged in properly. All was fine that night then did the same thing the next night and when I checked the car first thing in the morning it had only charged to around 50%. Called the valet and he said they had to move my car to make room for a group of older ICE cars that came for a get together. I said you need to plug me in now, which they did, we went down and I asked to talk to the manager and explained what happened. He seemed very disinterested and basically blew me off. What a disappointment, never been back since.