Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Incline Village, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shopping at rally’s and peeked to check on the supercharger and all the equipment and even the trench is gone!!
8208C44F-6404-484E-BA7E-D5A7E57119D3.jpeg AEA69F6D-4954-4C40-B2A0-76E99126DF0E.jpeg AEA69F6D-4954-4C40-B2A0-76E99126DF0E.jpeg

Is there any indication that they will be finishing this up next year, or have they given up?
No official word but it's still listed as "coming soon" so we'll have to see is anyone shows up in the spring.
It would be interesting to know what the problem was here. They started digging in the spring but then nothing happened all summer. They then closed up the trenches (as required) in October. Don't know if it was a permit problem, site problem, contractor problem or ?

Any updates since January 2?
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, which has oversight of construction in the Tahoe basin (on both sides of the state borders), has a yearly blanket ban on construction with ground disturbance activities between October 15th and May 1st (rainy/snowy season)--though sometimes the digging/grading season starts or ends a little earlier or later depending on that year's weather. This is to limit the amount of sediment run-off that ends up in the lake. So, assuming the season will open on its usual date, they aren't allowed to do anything on the supercharger build site until the beginning of May.

I just can't imagine this SC will be useful - the parking lot is so crammed most of the day that those spots just have to be ICEd. Worse, they're near the loading area for the Raleys and I've seen trucks parked that essentially prevent getting into those spots - it's a very tight area between the building and the embankment on the other side.
Maybe I'm just being a pessimist...

I just can't imagine this SC will be useful - the parking lot is so crammed most of the day that those spots just have to be ICEd. Worse, they're near the loading area for the Raleys and I've seen trucks parked that essentially prevent getting into those spots - it's a very tight area between the building and the embankment on the other side.
Maybe I'm just being a pessimist...
I agree. Not a good location.