Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - 5396 Walnut Avenue (LIVE 2 Aug 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like they might be adding more superchargers at the other end of the current Walnut Ave supercharger, potentially behind the KinderCare.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 122232.png

Screenshot 2023-02-02 122345.png

Still the same status last weekend...Attempted to use them, no power. Everything looks completely done though. They even have new trash/recycle cans that weren't there before. Should be up soon hopefully. I still wonder how this will work on the map...Maybe it will be a nice secret for a while when there's a queue on the other side haha.

Still the same status last weekend...Attempted to use them, no power. Everything looks completely done though. They even have new trash/recycle cans that weren't there before. Should be up soon hopefully. I still wonder how this will work on the map...Maybe it will be a nice secret for a while when there's a queue on the other side haha.

We don't seem to collectively know much about this site. How many stalls and what type? Would you be able to post any pictures?

IMHO there's no such thing as a "secret" Supercharger at least in California. :cool:

Bruce.

We don't seem to collectively know much about this site. How many stalls and what type? Would you be able to post any pictures?

IMHO there's no such thing as a "secret" Supercharger at least in California. :cool:

Bruce.
I will try to go to the site and post some photos.

It's hard to explain the layout of this shopping center, but there is already a Supercharger in this center. The green area is the existing Supercharger and the red is where they have added new stalls. The reason I think it might stay "secret" is because it's around the bend in the rear of the center, so unless Tesla somehow notes this, a lot of people will never know it exists.

1690591851231.png

Reactions: Falcon73
I will try to go to the site and post some photos.

It's hard to explain the layout of this shopping center, but there is already a Supercharger in this center. The green area is the existing Supercharger and the red is where they have added new stalls. The reason I think it might stay "secret" is because it's around the bend in the rear of the center, so unless Tesla somehow notes this, a lot of people will never know it exists.

View attachment 960493

I grok the layout, I actually was at this site two weeks ago and somehow my creative interpretation of the Nav directions took me past the KinderCare and around the back of 99 Ranch. I probably just barely missed seeing the chargers that are the subject of this thread.

Everyone seems to assume (quite reasonably) that these will be two separate Supercharger sites in the Tesla Nav database, mobile app, etc. We have several instances of Supercharger sites very close to each other (Concord, CA is one example, Mt. Shasta, CA is another). Owners will figure it out pretty quickly and share the knowledge. Also if I recall this shopping center had some signage up for queueing at the existing Supercharger, they might very well do the same for this site as well, which would also increase visibility.

Bruce.

Reactions: KJTZZLA
They should forgo expanding this lot and expanding the one on Culver more. That’s a much larger parking lot with plenty of food places around.

I heard someone said Tokyo Central is coming to that heritage plaza.
Oh I had no idea they were putting a Tokyo Central there. Nice! I'm sure Mitsuwa isn't pleased though.

Also, that center is interesting. The side that has the Supercharger isn't owned by the same landlord as the side with the Buffalo Wild Wings and future Tokyo Central.

This one is finally open. And as I suspected, nobody knows about it yet. There was a queue around the corner at the OG one and only 2 stalls being used at the new one.

Nice, thanks for the update! Although I'd caution against making conclusions based on the first day or so of operation. It's probably not even on the nav system of all the cars in the area yet. Really, Superchargers don't stay secret for long!

Pictures of charging cars would be great if possible (from anyone). I do see it in the mobile app (screenshot below) and will be updating the thread title momentarily.

@corywright @Big Earl @Guacahummus

Bruce.

1691008293934.png

Nice, thanks for the update! Although I'd caution against making conclusions based on the first day or so of operation. It's probably not even on the nav system of all the cars in the area yet. Really, Superchargers don't stay secret for long!

Pictures of charging cars would be great if possible (from anyone). I do see it in the mobile app (screenshot below) and will be updating the thread title momentarily.

@corywright @Big Earl @Guacahummus

Bruce.

View attachment 961766
If only those people waiting knew they were 20 seconds from another one! They will probably put up signs at both.

Reactions: bmah