Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Journey Notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
On a recent long distance trip using navigation I notice I no longer get App notifications in iOS that I can continue my journey. Anyone else notice that? I have all notifications turned on and I can see on the App how much charge time is remaining, but when it reaches the charge it needs, it just reverts to the charge time needed for full charge and no notification.

Does the "continue journey" message appear on the car's screen? Does your iPhone display an alert when the car nears its full charge? If the answers to these questions are both yes, this could be an unintended bug introduced in an update to the car's firmware or to the Tesla app.

Something you might try is to do a MCU reset in the car, and also restart your iPhone.

I thought I must have been going crazy. The same thing happened to me last Saturday on a trip. Prior to that it worked fine. There was no notification on my phone or screen. Both simply changed to indicate time to full charge. Took me a while to notice that I now had enough to continue my trip.

• Informative
Reactions: NewTMSMan
I thought I must have been going crazy. The same thing happened to me last Saturday on a trip. Prior to that it worked fine. There was no notification on my phone or screen. Both simply changed to indicate time to full charge. Took me a while to notice that I now had enough to continue my trip.

Was just about to post that I was in the car for the last SC of my trip and the car also didn’t indicate anything, just switched to time to full charge as you said.

Wanted to dig up this thread because it doesn't look like it has a resolution. I had the same issue a few times on my trip this weekend. Does the app just not tell you when you have enough charge to continue and just tells you when you're fully charged? The 80% charge notification worked but not the enough charge to continue notification.

To those having this issue, do you display the SoC in miles/km, or percent? There was a recent bug we found where if you used percent and charged with a wall charger, that you never got a notification on the app that charging had completed. Switch to miles and it was fine. This bug just got mysteriously fixed in the last few days though...