Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kaneohe, HI - Kaneohe Bayview Golf Course

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been watching this application since May, and it even went inactive for a time due to "no response", but it's back now with an actual permit created and active.

[TMK: 45030037] 45-285 Kaneohe Bay Dr. // Tesla Supercharging Station @ Kaneohe Bayview Golf Course - Sitewor Including(but not limited to) Utilities, Parking Improvements [THIRD PARTY REVIEW]

At $324k with "TESLA" listed as the owner, it looks like it will be a real supercharger, albeit probably a smaller one, given the location.

Thanks for finding this one. I know this area well. That business location has been adding attractions to the golf course for a while. Fun place. I had hear they were putting EV charging in, but what I heard was not Superchargers. This sounds better. Much appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Just an update: this is still stuck in plan review.
Fire code review and Storm water review both passed.
Zoning code review is on its 3rd submittal.

It's possible (similar to Aiea) that the permit itself wasn't updated to reflect approval status and that something will be built anyway, but it's also possible that this one is stalled. Hopefully we'll see motion on it at some point.

Tesla's 3rd zoning submittal was checked and returned for corrections back in May. With no activity for months, I feared the worst.
However, Tesla just made a 4th submittal on September 7th, so this project is still alive.
Given the city taking 5-6 weeks to review plans on previous submittals, we may have to wait until mid-October to see the outcome.

Tesla's 3rd zoning submittal was checked and returned for corrections back in May. With no activity for months, I feared the worst.
However, Tesla just made a 4th submittal on September 7th, so this project is still alive.
Given the city taking 5-6 weeks to review plans on previous submittals, we may have to wait until mid-October to see the outcome.
@TerranApart ,

The Honolulu C&C Dept of Plans and Permitting has had some serious scandals over the past couple of years. It literally stopped forward motion on my large projects. The Superchargers and DCFC likely were impacted. While not specifically not named, those projects were likely impacted with few authorized and responsible people in the DPP office. See below.

@TerranApart ,

The Honolulu C&C Dept of Plans and Permitting has had some serious scandals over the past couple of years. It literally stopped forward motion on my large projects. The Superchargers and DCFC likely were impacted. While not specifically not named, those projects were likely impacted with few authorized and responsible people in the DPP office. See below.
P.S. Too late to fix it myself. But "my projects" should read "any projects".

Even though Zoning Code was approved in late October, there's a new Zoning Code submission on November 30th. Perhaps Tesla needed to make a change warranting a new approval. This explains why the permit was still in "Plans review in progress" status.

I was just over at that address this week. Bay View Gold Course (Par 3). Talked to the golf course manager. No signs to indicate exactly where the Superchargers would be located. I do think its going to be a great location for Superchargers. Next closest will be 16 miles away at Pearlridge Downtown.

• Informative
Reactions: TerranApart