Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA - Bernard Dr. (LIVE, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am quoting a previous reply on this thread to show you that PGE doesn't have demand charges but subscription services that can be turned on and off and there are blocks of subscription based on how much the customer thinks they will need. I don't think adding in a battery at this location would really resolve that problem unless they then move to a non BEV rate schedule.
The Megapack would still allow Tesla to enroll in a lower subscription tier than they would without the battery buffer. As stated above, it's just a different scheme with a similar effect. Choosing a traditional demand metered plan may also allow them to game the system more effectively by taking the hit on the high usage months like November and December while paying less for the rest of the year.

Still not paved as of Sunday morning, when I was there (but chargers were functional at the time).

Bruce.
In my ongoing periodic (some would say intermittent! LOL) review of the status of this location:

It was still shown as in service Monday morning at 10 AM. I checked again Monday around 4:30, and it had been shut off.

One wonders: Is this location turned off and on manually by an employee at Tesla? On the other hand, is it programmed into some software to turn on Fridays and shut off Mondays at hard times or once usage slows?

Curiouser and curioser, to quote Alice.

In my ongoing periodic (some would say intermittent! LOL) review of the status of this location:

It was still shown as in service Monday morning at 10 AM. I checked again Monday around 4:30, and it had been shut off.

One wonders: Is this location turned off and on manually by an employee at Tesla? On the other hand, is it programmed into some software to turn on Fridays and shut off Mondays at hard times or once usage slows?

Curiouser and curioser, to quote Alice.
I was hoping to visit this site tomorrow. I guess I’ll have to save it for another trip. Thanks for posting updates.

I was hoping to visit this site tomorrow. I guess I’ll have to save it for another trip. Thanks for posting updates.
Spend Thursday at the Central Coast taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of San Luis, Pismo, Morro Bay, and take a jaunt up to Hearst Castle.

Watch the navigation screen Friday morning, and I bet that sometime in the afternoon it will switch on, and you can then head there and onto the new ones in Fresno and Madera off 99.

OK,

The official start to summer travel has kicked off with Memorial Day weekend.

I regret to say that Tesla kicked off this location late Tuesday. It is showing as temporary closure yet again this morning, June 1.

This may be a pattern for this site throughout the summer: open Friday through Monday or Tuesday, then dark mid week.

I see where Copus Road is still open.

OK,

The official start to summer travel has kicked off with Memorial Day weekend.

I regret to say that Tesla kicked off this location late Tuesday. It is showing as temporary closure yet again this morning, June 1.

This may be a pattern for this site throughout the summer: open Friday through Monday or Tuesday, then dark mid week.

I see where Copus Road is still open.
I charged there at about noon on 5/31 and there was a survey crew working.

Reactions: israndy