Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kinston, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
This was posted in local NC tesla group.

charger.png

Address for location is 4483 US-70, Kinston, NC 28504
From what I can tell from the pic I'm guessing 8 stall v3.

@Chuq

12 stalls. Will add on Supercharge Info!
@SigNC Are there any more photos? When I look at the picture it looks like it might be the angle the picture was taken and there might only be 2 charging cabinets (8 stalls).... but I'm not sure, each time I look it's a bit different. Plus I only see 7 stalls installed (probably one hidden), unless there are more that are going to be installed in the foreground. :confused:

@SigNC Are there any more photos? When I look at the picture it looks like it might be the angle the picture was taken and there might only be 2 charging cabinets (8 stalls).... but I'm not sure, each time I look it's a bit different. Plus I only see 7 stalls installed (probably one hidden), unless there are more that are going to be installed in the foreground. :confused:

I just asked the FB poster if he was able to verify how many cabinets there were. I agree it's hard to tell.

It isnt open, right?? A Better Routeplanner is trying to take me that route and use the SuperCharger in Kinston.

That is odd! It even is showing up as having 12 stalls available on the site!
upload_2020-9-17_17-40-46.png

Definitely seems like an ABRP bug. I would report it to Bo. Seems like they are taking some liberties with the supercharge.info data. In the meantime, I would definitely mark this one as "Avoid This".

swing by and let us know if it's open :)

There is a very small chance that might happen. I have to really plan out the route/charge levels since there isnt much around there if it isnt open :cool: But if I do then I will be sure to take some pics :D

Edit: Chances looking better after tweaking my route/trip. Should be able to get some pics/info.

Even though the Facebook OP had stated 3 cabinets, a second picture posted was clearly only 2. I think in the original picture we were seeing the 2 cabinets, but one of the sides was swung open so it looked like 3 (or otherwise just appeared to be 3).

I think you may be right, there are only 8 ticks representing stalls in that screenshot. This would be an unusual location to have more than 8 stalls.

Also:
It's open. Charging right now 8 stations. 180kw at 37 % at Smithfield Chicken