Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Placid, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching this closely. Locals that I've talked with haven't heard anything. We have a vacation home are are up there fairly regularly. Over Christmas/NYE I saw more teslas than ever before. There is a Destination charger out at LOJ. Town is lacking for public charging unless you are a customer or ask to pay for charging. I emailed the Supercharging team and they gave a very non-commital response basically saying watch the supercharger page.

One challenge LP will have is where to put it. Parking can be a real zoo as you likely know if you have visited. Putting SC units in any municipal lot would be an epic Icing disaster. Nor do I think the town would even consider approving it.

1) At the historical society down by the river- Out of town, but ample parking and 2 great Restaurants. Lisa G's and Liquids and Solids. Due to the old rail station I suspect there is plenty of utility infrastructure.
2) Crowne Plaza up on the hill - Good location & decent amount of parking space.
3) Price Chopper or Hannafords shopping centers - Again ample parking space, but they are not walkable to town and lacking on restaurant options.
4) Finally this could be a good lot that is walkable into town but, beyond the hustle and bustle.

The great thing about LP is that they have their own electric utility from the Olympics and rates are absurdly low. This should be a layup for Tesla. Especially with more paid supercharging, it would be a solidly profitable site.

My recommendation would be to submit a request/recommendation via the Tesla page. Show them there is demand. The only reason we don't take ours is the lack of charging and I'm unable to install anything more than a wall outlet at our place.

Other thoughts -
-Remind local businesses that having chargers draws people in and they stay awhile.
-Harass the manager at Price Chopper to get the L2 chargers there fixed.
-Email the town suggesting the benefits fo installing charging infrastructure. Saranac Lake has done it.

Reactions: billh13850
3) Price Chopper or Hannafords shopping centers - Again ample parking space, but they are not walkable to town and lacking on restaurant options.
Tesla has partnered with Hannaford in a few other places in the North East. The coming superchargers in Rochester, NH and Portland, ME are both going to be at Hannaford markets.

Hmmmmm???
2EEC6A89-41D1-4E93-91D4-82E16A914264.jpeg

I asked Stewart’s Shops about the Lake Placid and Chestertown Superchargers. They can’t “officially” confirm Lake Placid and they are asking about Chestertown to their facility team. It’s looking hopeful!
AE9B046A-54D0-49AA-BE7D-456EC9255AB2.jpeg

I was there the other day, before construction began, but the fencing was up. The location is to the right of the two generic chargers they already had near the cart storage area to the right as you look at the store. There probably will be some "iceing" but there will be plenty of parking spaces closer to the store doors, so if iceing occurs, it will probably be deliberate.

I was there the other day, before construction began, but the fencing was up. The location is to the right of the two generic chargers they already had near the cart storage area to the right as you look at the store. There probably will be some "iceing" but there will be plenty of parking spaces closer to the store doors, so if iceing occurs, it will probably be deliberate.
They should have put them on that same edge, but out at the opposite end near the entrance and Kinnys.