Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Darmok. The Scottsdale Fashion Square Malls has a free HPWC {fourth floor in the parking garage} You can fill up there while taking in some shopping/Tesla store/eating at the food court/taking in a movie etc. The employees at the Tesla store are very helpful and it is a great place to people watch! It's only a few miles {7} from Tempe. Once you have miles in Tempe you will not need to charge up much if you are just in the local area. You can top off there on your way back to Wickenburg/Kingman/Las Vegas. If you are staying at a home in the Tempe area plug into a 120v. It's amazing how many miles you gain while just hanging out doing whatever! At most destinations w/o a NEMA 14-50 a 120v comes in very handy. Those 3-4 miles/hour soon turn into an extra 50 or more! I have used a 120v on many, many occasions..... works great when local!

Thanks @Tyl. Scottsdale is a good idea. We like that mall anyway. We'll probably be in a hotel, maybe the new Residence Inn on University. They have a parking garage, and for $10 per day you'd hope they could look the other way when I park next to an outlet.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if anyone is using the Las Vegas supercharger and wants to talk Teslas, send me a message and if I'm around I'll walk over there and talk cars over Pinches Tacos at the container park.

Happy to do it. @jomo25, what are the best places to charge in Tempe? I plan on driving the S down there from Las Vegas once Wickenburg is open, and I see lots of places on plug share in Tempe, but do you have any favorite spots? We'll probably either stay near the campus or possibly near Arizona Mills. I'll need enough for driving around and getting back to Wickenburg. I grew up there so know the area.

Thanks.

All the public ones are Blink. So they are 7.2kw at best and of course aren't free. Monti's has had blinks since they started rolling out. It's what I used when I only had the Volt and was haggling with my HOA in prep for my Model S. The location is great as it's right at Mill Ave/downtown Tempe and near Light rail if you wanted to go to downtown PHX.

ASU and City of Tempe has installed a bunch of Blinks in their lots as well..most are free when no events are going on. Not sure if any of these got down graded to 16A due to some of the issues with the Blink stations as I haven't used Them in a while.

Not sure what's available near AZ Mills. Tempe Marketplace has a bunch of Blinks now too if you can spend some time there instead.

I only have a 208V/30A J1772 in my garage but I'd let you use it for free if we can coordinate schedules. I'm less than half a mile from those same ones at Monti's. PM me if you were interested in that.

Happy to do it. @jomo25, what are the best places to charge in Tempe? I plan on driving the S down there from Las Vegas once Wickenburg is open, and I see lots of places on plug share in Tempe, but do you have any favorite spots? We'll probably either stay near the campus or possibly near Arizona Mills. I'll need enough for driving around and getting back to Wickenburg. I grew up there so know the area.

Thanks.
Of course you could do a range charge at the new Buckeye SC on your way into town. It is then about 40 miles to Tempe. Unless you plan on some serious drive-around miles, that should be enough to return to Buckeye for your return trip.

Of course you could do a range charge at the new Buckeye SC on your way into town. It is then about 40 miles to Tempe. Unless you plan on some serious drive-around miles, that should be enough to return to Buckeye for your return trip.

Yah, too far out of the way, especially once Wickenburg is open. I was hoping the would put it further east where the 303 will be (is?), that would have made it within range of Kingman, barely.

Yah, too far out of the way, especially once Wickenburg is open. I was hoping the would put it further east where the 303 will be (is?), that would have made it within range of Kingman, barely.
Certainly don't need it if Wickenburg is open but that's looking like it'll be a while. And the 30 mile jog on 303 to go to Buckeye and sip the 250mph charging would seem a fair trade.

There's a couple Volta chargers around town now -- free and deliver 32A. Their map shows 3 locations in the Phoenix area, but I found two at Scottsdale Quarter a couple weeks ago...

I was just there tonight actually, and was pleased to see that they have not only have 2 in the North garage, but another 2 in the South garage. It was a busy night there. All 4 spots were full. (Volt, plug-in Ford Fusion, and a Leaf were charging… one Beemer was ICEing)
These Volta units are pretty good… at least compared to most Blink stations.

Being from Texas, it's not easy for him to get a test drive.
Not so. There are test drive "events" about one weekend a month in Houston, Dallas, and Austin. The workaround to the Texas dealer law is the events are sponsored by the manufacturer as a California company, not the local "gallery" or service center, and you have to sign up in advance, so there is a prior business relationship. No walk-ins. A list of test drive events and a link to sign up is on the Tesla web site under "events".

Some owners happen to stop by the galleries on test drive weekends and we can answer questions the Tesla staff aren't allowed to answer.

Not so. There are test drive "events" about one weekend a month in Houston, Dallas, and Austin. The workaround to the Texas dealer law is the events are sponsored by the manufacturer as a California company, not the local "gallery" or service center, and you have to sign up in advance, so there is a prior business relationship. No walk-ins. A list of test drive events and a link to sign up is on the Tesla web site under "events".

Some owners happen to stop by the galleries on test drive weekends and we can answer questions the Tesla staff aren't allowed to answer.
OK, not impossible, but not as easy as say testing the a BMW, Audi, or MB, which is what he'd be cross-shopping. For most of us, we're motivated to plan/schedule/workaround as needed to get the test drives. (Heck, my first test drive was thanks to Kishdude whom I met via the forum.) But for people who aren't looking necessarily for an EV, but just a good luxury/sport sedan, it's not quite as easy.