Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, WI - South Livingston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WI power utility, MG&E is working with Tesla to construct a charging station that will include 8 Tesla v3 SuperChargers, and 7 DC Fast Chargers Chargers.

722 MAIN STREET (700 BLOCK OF EAST WASHINGTON AVENUE) MADISON, WI 53703

From what I understand it should start construction sometime this spring/summer.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I think they made a big mistake. The charging stall is positioned on the wrong side.

Madison WI Dt.jpg

The charging stall is positioned on the wrong side.
I could be misunderstanding but I think those are just labels, not indications of the exact position of the chargers. Page 5 of the pdf of the site plan gives you a better idea of the layout. The main problems i see are:

1. The handicapped spot has the supercharger in the wrong position unless they block off the one spot next to it.

2. This is right next to the sylvee concert space so whenever there is a show people are going to try to park here so the charging spots will always be blocked then. The only way they could combat this is if they put up a gate with a code like they do in Vegas for the supercharger station next to the strip.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I think they made a big mistake. The charging stall is positioned on the wrong side.
Good catch. And no, you're not crazy. There was an error in those earlier plans. I called the design firm and spoke to the project contact, who told me it had already been caught and they've since updated and fixed the plans. The bottom space now has the charging post in the correct place at the other end of the stall (normal placement for a pull-in stall) and the rest of the posts are shifted one parking space over to where they should be.

This is great news, both for the central Madison and West Madison electric/Tesla drivers. I been hoping Tesla would install some stalls in central Madison for the ease of charging instead of driving to the other side of town. Prime location as well.

Swung by the other side of the site last night and noticed that the barrier blocking the lot has project dates on it - starting June 1, project completion date in September.

Also: re: entry codes, think that would be harder here given that superchargers are only half of the site, not sure if that would cause problems with the 10 EA chargers.

Attachments

• PXL_20210624_014104694.jpg
    PXL_20210624_014104694.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 136
Is there a reason it hasn’t been pinned with a cone on Supercharge.info?
I drove by this location last week to see if there was any Tesla hardware on site, but I didn't see anything specific to Tesla. Since this site will host other chargers as well I think we should wait until we see evidence that the Supercharger construction has started before changing the status on supercharge.info.

Reactions: mociaf9 and Araman0
I drove by this location last week to see if there was any Tesla hardware on site, but I didn't see anything specific to Tesla. Since this site will host other chargers as well I think we should wait until we see evidence that the Supercharger construction has started before changing the status on supercharge.info.
Fair enough. I’m curious are you on whirlwind tour around the US? @corywright