Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, WI - Whitney Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pictures.

Attachments

• BE7B80E7-5566-4060-AA94-51AA1374B7C4.jpeg
    BE7B80E7-5566-4060-AA94-51AA1374B7C4.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 121
  • E8CA3F76-82FB-49C3-BBF9-0A08BAD1C8FE.jpeg
    E8CA3F76-82FB-49C3-BBF9-0A08BAD1C8FE.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 98
Mods - The Tesla Service center in Madison opened on 8/2/21, and there are two brand new superchargers located in the back. The Service Center is located at the old Jaguar/Land Rover dealership at 6621 Seybold Rd, Madison, WI 53711. There are two superchargers located in the back on the southeast corner of the building. I believe they are V3s, but I'm sure everyone will correct me if the cabinet is the one used for the V2s. I was the first to buy anything from the service center, and while they were figuring out how to ring up the order I ran to the back to get a photo, sorry for the potato quality. It appears as though the cabinets are wired into the building, so the transformer and meter should already be in place. The superchargers were not turned on yet, and the staff was not sure if they were going to be made available to the public. There are also 5 L2 Tesla HPWCs at the front of the store.

Anyway, this probably warrants another entry.

Attachments

• IMG_0185[1].JPG
    IMG_0185[1].JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 65
Mods - The Tesla Service center in Madison opened on 8/2/21, and there are two brand new superchargers located in the back. The Service Center is located at the old Jaguar/Land Rover dealership at 6621 Seybold Rd, Madison, WI 53711. There are two superchargers located in the back on the southeast corner of the building. I believe they are V3s, but I'm sure everyone will correct me if the cabinet is the one used for the V2s. I was the first to buy anything from the service center, and while they were figuring out how to ring up the order I ran to the back to get a photo, sorry for the potato quality. It appears as though the cabinets are wired into the building, so the transformer and meter should already be in place. The superchargers were not turned on yet, and the staff was not sure if they were going to be made available to the public. There are also 5 L2 Tesla HPWCs at the front of the store.

Anyway, this probably warrants another entry.

I highly doubt Tesla will open those up to the public with them hidden behind the building. They like to have SuC for service use. And it just adds more traffic to the SC that isn’t needed. With the new hy-vee chargers very close by, these are not. Ended. I’d say they shouldn’t be put up on the charge info site.

Reactions: VikH and mociaf9
Site update. This is an interesting site with 2 pull in stalls. They will be pouring the transformer and SuC pad this afternoon.

I spoke with one of the crew, it’s the same crew that did the 3 MI Upper Peninsula locations. Very nice fellow, we chatted quite awhile. I can’t discuss any site particulars. He did say, they typically spend 3 weeks on one site doing site ground work and equipment installation. Electrical and landscaping is sub’d locally. The Madison downtown SuC location is a different crew.

They are slated to do a 12 stall in Kenosha WI next followed by the 8 stall in Menomonee Falls WI after that.
658E07CA-8D50-4CAC-95AD-4C199C3FA941.jpeg

BB7DF644-28A2-4881-904A-02878B8AF368.jpeg
D52F33C2-30BC-4B29-8413-00CA8C6A8332.jpeg

@corywright

Site update. This is an interesting site with 2 pull in stalls. They will be pouring the transformer and SuC pad this afternoon.

I spoke with one of the crew, it’s the same crew that did the 3 MI Upper Peninsula locations. Very nice fellow, we chatted quite awhile. I can’t discuss any site particulars. He did say, they typically spend 3 weeks on one site doing site ground work and equipment installation. Electrical and landscaping is sub’d locally. The Madison downtown SuC location is a different crew.

They are slated to do a 12 stall in Kenosha WI next followed by the 8 stall in Menomonee Falls WI after that.
View attachment 692522
View attachment 692520View attachment 692521
@corywright
Thanks for posting the nice pictures. Looks like this will be done well before I get my new MS LR.