Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, WI - Whitney Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More Madison news...

Madison Gas and Electric plans to build a 16-stall electric vehicle charging station this spring on Madison's Near East Side.
Approved by the city earlier this fall, the station at East Washington Avenue and Livingston Street will include eight Tesla chargers and eight generic DC fast chargers, which can charge a car battery in about 20 minutes.
MGE says the station will serve EV drivers in the Downtown area who don’t have easy access to charging stations at home or work, as well as for taxi and shared ride services, while supporting redevelopment of the East Washington corridor.

Per conversation with an MG&E employee, construction penciled in for Spring 2021 but there are a number of moving parts at this point so stay tuned.

There's a new thread for that location: SuperCharger - Downtown Madison - WI

Did you look at the map? The west pin was originally in Verona. Now its the capital and shorewood hills
The capital one is legit, permits are approved.

the planning commission has approved the location for the west side hy-vee SuC where it has been announced in this thread. I suspect construction is ‘delayed’ as hy-vee has permits approved for their new online pickup kiosk building that is in the same area that the SuC is planned to be. So, they probably want to build that out before Tesla rolls through and install the SuC. We have folks in the Madison area keeping an eye on things ;)

The capital one is legit, permits are approved.

the planning commission has approved the location for the west side hy-vee SuC where it has been announced in this thread. I suspect construction is ‘delayed’ as hy-vee has permits approved for their new online pickup kiosk building that is in the same area that the SuC is planned to be. So, they probably want to build that out before Tesla rolls through and install the SuC. We have folks in the Madison area keeping an eye on things ;)
That's disappointing. Maybe five miles apart. It's a long way from "west Madison" to Dubuque.

20210607_132206.jpg

Drove by Hy-Vee on the west side today and they are starting construction on something. Maybe it's the drive-through kiosk but hopefully it's the supercharger!

View attachment 670574
Drove by Hy-Vee on the west side today and they are starting construction on something. Maybe it's the drive-through kiosk but hopefully it's the supercharger!

It's probably the drive through kiosk. As that is the only thing I see permits for posted on the Madison Permit Site. I'd wager Hy-Vee wants that in before Tesla comes through to install SuperChargers

I see two SuC cabinets, and four pedestals,
and a lot of conduit.

The Hu-vee online kiosk building isn’t done yet. The concrete around the building for the parking lot still needs to be poured.

some shots I just took.

i think they have some preformed concrete blocks too

Attachments

• F4EB5141-6B7C-42DD-AD7D-0F6CBEBE91E2.jpeg
    F4EB5141-6B7C-42DD-AD7D-0F6CBEBE91E2.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 7850E9D9-68DD-4AE6-BA5A-A9E321B2DE2E.jpeg
    7850E9D9-68DD-4AE6-BA5A-A9E321B2DE2E.jpeg
    678.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 9F390606-84E2-49B4-B0F4-5F88F94D6938.jpeg
    9F390606-84E2-49B4-B0F4-5F88F94D6938.jpeg
    633.3 KB · Views: 65