Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madoc, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new Supercharger has been found in Madoc!!

According to information I received from Madoc Township, an 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to the Ultramar and Subway at 114 Bonjour Blvd.

madoc.jpg

Hi Marco,

I have a thread created for this so please merge

Respectfully, no.

It's easy to find a pin on a map, anyone can do it. A pin on Tesla's map is nothing more than a suggestion of where to look, and shouldn't be the start of ten separate threads when one general does the trick.

What actually takes work is searching in the right place or talking to the right people, and that should give the finder the thread starting post.

I put in a lot of work into this and it sucks to have my post merged. I don't really care if you merge this one since I didn't do much, but I will ask in exchange that you split Trenton.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
This is very welcome news - it will allow me to bypass the Peterborough Supercharger on my way to the GTA from my home in the far west end of Ottawa. With the 407 now completed all the way to 115, this puts the 7-115-407 as a better route than the 416-401 route for those who live in Kanata, Stittsville and surrounding areas.

Reactions: navguy12
Respectfully, no.

It's easy to find a pin on a map, anyone can do it. A pin on Tesla's map is nothing more than a suggestion of where to look, and shouldn't be the start of ten separate threads when one general does the trick.

What actually takes work is searching in the right place or talking to the right people, and that should give the finder the thread starting post.

I put in a lot of work into this and it sucks to have my post merged. I don't really care if you merge this one since I didn't do much, but I will ask in exchange that you split Trenton.
@MarcoRP I am not taking credit for your work but I just followed the thread rules and once tesla announced upcoming locations, I have created threads with 'possible' in title to help this community with credit goes to 'Marcorp' in visibility as well. Just trying to help that's all.

All possible supercharger speculation for Ontario and Quebec goes into Eastern Superchargers.

Create a thread when there is concrete evidence. This can be a permit, a news article, a photo, something.
Agree with this. I definitely don't like having two separate threads, but I'm also not a fan of starting speculative threads such as the ones merely based on Tesla "coming soon" pins, which we all know have not always come through in the past. The California forum has specific threads for "location speculation." In lieu of something like that the "Eastern Canada superchargers" thread seems to fit the bill for such discussion. To start a location specific thread, you should have evidence of construction, permit, or at the very least some type of solid hearsay from one of the parties involved (construction company, host business owner, or very rarely Tesla themselves).

Agree with this. I definitely don't like having two separate threads, but I'm also not a fan of starting speculative threads such as the ones merely based on Tesla "coming soon" pins, which we all know have not always come through in the past. The California forum has specific threads for "location speculation." In lieu of something like that the "Eastern Canada superchargers" thread seems to fit the bill for such discussion. To start a location specific thread, you should have evidence of construction, permit, or at the very least some type of solid hearsay from one of the parties involved (construction company, host business owner, or very rarely Tesla themselves).

For some reason ( may be the invention/arrival of the prefab supercharger units ? ) , most of the recent 'coming soon' links from tesla official announcements are seeing lots of movements ( few exceptions)

I'll be driving through Madoc next weekend, will have a snoop around. It will be nice to fill this gap on the Toronto-Ottawa route, especially for winter. Perth is great, Peterborough is a pain and way off HW7.

Now to make the HW7 trip perfect, we need Tesla to let us run AP at 95km/h in an 80 zone! Like it or not, driving 90km/h causes tailbacks - such a weird speed limit situ on this road.