TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SuperCharger - Magog, Qc

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Depeche Mode, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

At that location there are four level 2 reserved for employees, 2 public level 2 and one public CHAdeMO/CCS.

2. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

3. FrederikBoivin

they are going to have both

does that make sense? IDK...

I still believe dix30 or 10-35 would have been better, but, I guess, I'll be happy with what we have.

however, the location of the new YUL SC s*cks... traffic, traffic traffic...

4. Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode Member

Totally agree with you... such a bad decision to put it at Place Vertu... the traffic is always bad at anytime of the day (highway 40/15/13)... They already have the 2 stalls (which I never waited to SC)...

Therefore, I'm with you 100% with the Quartier 10/30 location (let say where the Rona is)... it could be easier for:

1) the people that comes from Ottawa / Toronto or any town that are on the west side and they don't need to go to Montréal... they would simply use the new highway 30 to bypass the West Island / Montréal traffic
    2) for those who goes in the Eastern Township, best spot...
    3) for those who goes to Québec city, best spot...

For sure they have Quartier 10 / 30 in their cards... it's so obvious

5. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Any news on progress so far?

6. FrederikBoivin

I am heading to Avril Magog in a second - I will try to post progress when I come back with the groceries!

I feel bad... my wife left with the Tesla and I am stuck with a car that smells...

7. FrederikBoivin

I mean the gasoline, of course!

• Funny x 1
  8. FrederikBoivin

there u go.
    nobody working - maybe a lunch break... but still, it is on its way!

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  9. Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode Member

with that pic, it seems that there's still a lot of work to do... :/

10. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hi,
    Having actually used the Chademo at that location, I can tell you that having a SC there is extremely useful. I live in Montreal and my extended family is all in Sherbrooke. I can do the return trip on one charge (70D) in summer but not as soon as temps become 10C or less. It also makes sense to have it there because of the US Boston-Montreal trip.
    If someone wants more choices for food, they can go 10 mins away to the Highway stop where more junk food is available. The small mall-like place where the SC will be has a very nice high end (to me) grocery store that also has prepared food, a very nice bakery (closed on Mondays) and a nice big room with tables and free wi-fi where you can enjoy your meal and relax.
    Now, one SC that I don't understand the location for is the one being built at the Côte-Vertu shopping mall. More on that in the relevant thread...
    Really happy to see the SC being built. I'll be going to Sherbrooke soon so I'll post pics when I drop by there.
    Regards,
    Bertrand

11. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hello everyone,

Seems not to be too many people going to the Magog site... I just wanted to let you know that I will be going either this week-end or, for sure, on May 25th as I have a meeting in Sherbrooke and will need to charge in Magog on my way back. Hopefully, I will be able to use the SC... but I won't bet on it. I'll be able to take detailed pictures as it will be at lest 30 mins at the Chademo. I'll also take pictures of the general vicinity for those that don't know that location well.

Regards,

Bertrand

• Like x 3
  12. Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode Member

I'll pass by tomorrow PM (saturday)

13. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hi,

Well, came here earlier than expected.

To be honest, things are advancing really slowly here... The St-Laurent SC is going up much faster. All things are here except for the transformer.

Here are som pictures as promised.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. zax123

zax123 CDN Model S P308

Are those pictures all from the same day? It looks like in one picture the stall frames are installed, but in the other they aren't.

Just curious. :)

15. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hi,

Yes, all from the same day, different angles.

Here are pictures from today. Moving along extremely slowly...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Regards,

Bertrand

• Like x 2
  16. Berty1970

Berty1970 Member

Hello Everyone,

Time for another update. This is a good one. I spoke with the electricians that were on site finalizing the installation of the Tesla equipment. They told me that by the end of this week, they will have completed all the electrical work, including installing and hooking up the Tesla stalls. When I asked them about the transformers, he told me the Hydro-Quebec would be installing 3 transformers (shown in this picture) within the month. So, essentially, by then end of the week, everything Tesla should be in place and we will just need to wait for Hydro to come in, replace the post that is already there and put up three transformers on it.

The three transformers that should be duplicated for the Supercharger:
    IMG_3060.JPG

The naked post currently in place:
    IMG_3064.JPG

Here are a few pictures that I took today. It is an interesting installation as the Tesla power equipment is across the entrance from the Superchargers...
    IMG_3057.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG

I thought this point of view would be funny... The past and the future:
    IMG_3065.JPG

Well, that is it for now. As my job now takes me more often to Sherbrooke, I should be able to keep everyone updated on a, hopefully, regular basis.

Regards,

Bertrand

• Like x 2
  17. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Thank you very much for the update !

My theory is that the strip mall owners did not want the large wood enclosure around the Tesla hardware blocking visual line to the stores for drivers on the street. Makes for a cleaner look...

18. Claude Larose

Claude Larose Member

Good afternoon everybody, just stopped for a quick refill, spoke to the electrical contractor and they told me that the site will be completed on Monday June 6th

All hookups between the SC and the switch gears will be completed so the only thing left will be the responsibility of Hydro-Quebec to install the transformers and the connection to the switch gear.

• Like x 2
  19. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Good stuff Claude!:)

Hey, if you get the chance, could you please ask the contractors if they're heading over to RDL next?

Thanks!

Jaff

20. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

The Electric Circuit is advising customers that their (L2 and CHAdeMO/CCS) charging stations at this site will be down from 6 am to 7 am on June 6th or 7th for "scheduled city work."

Could this be taking the site offline to allow the Superchargers to be energized?

• Like x 1