Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bryce Canyon City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I voted for this location in the recent Tesla Supercharger poll, and received an email from Tesla saying the following. It also shows up on the Tesla find us map with a target opening in 2024.

One or more of the locations you voted for were chosen and will become the home of a new Supercharger location— anticipated to open in between 2024-2026. The following locations were selected:

North America
Ashland, Wisconsin
Brick Township, New Jersey
Bryce Canyon City, Utah
Park City, Utah
Cherokee, North Carolina
Gatineau, Quebec

I voted for this location in the recent Tesla Supercharger poll, and received an email from Tesla saying the following. It also shows up on the Tesla find us map with a target opening in 2024.
Thanks for the important update Greg. Bryce park is strategically located and is visited by million of people.

Now Tesla--- what about installing superchargers at other important national parks, such as: Zion, Grand Canyon West, Yellowstone, Monument valley, Sequoia, etc.?

Thanks for the important update Greg. Bryce park is strategically located and is visited by million of people.

Now Tesla--- what about installing superchargers at other important national parks, such as: Zion, Grand Canyon West, Yellowstone, Monument valley, Sequoia, etc.?
The nice thing about the Bryce Canyon Supercharger is that it now makes taking the back roads from Arches to Bryce Canyon to Zion a lot easier. We did it once before, but we spent the night in Bryce Canyon City and rented an RV space to charge up overnight; wouldn't have made it otherwise. Some planning required. :)

For Monument Valley, Kayenta, AZ is where a Supercharger would be really helpful. Right now, you can make it with the longer range Teslas, but it takes some care. We did this run a couple of years ago, and didn't have much charge left by the time we arrived in Page, AZ.

Between St. George and Bryce Canyon, Zion isn't quite so necessary but it would still be nice.

Grand Canyon West is definitely a big hole in the Supercharger network, but it's relatively low travel so it will probably be a while before it gets priority. The north rim of the Grand Canyon is tough currently as well unless you want to backtrack.

Yellowstone really needs 2 or 3 Superchargers, one in middle of the park and a couple more on the approaches from the south and east to the park. It's just a BIG park.

Sequoia is manageable currently, but it does take some planning and possibly going out of your way to charge. Having a Supercharger in the park would again make it much more pleasant.

Yellowstone really needs 2 or 3 Superchargers, one in middle of the park and a couple more on the approaches from the south and east to the park. It's just a BIG park.
West Yellowstone needs an upgrade to V3 or V4, Old Faithful needs some destination chargers at least, Fishing Bridge Visitor Center could use a Supercharger, and Gardiner, Montana needs a Supercharger. Speeds on those roads are low enough that you may get your full EPA rated range, so 1 supercharge likely gets most people through a full weekend trip, but right now the only option is West Yellowstone at a small V2 Supercharger.

West Yellowstone needs an upgrade to V3 or V4, Old Faithful needs some destination chargers at least, Fishing Bridge Visitor Center could use a Supercharger, and Gardiner, Montana needs a Supercharger. Speeds on those roads are low enough that you may get your full EPA rated range, so 1 supercharge likely gets most people through a full weekend trip, but right now the only option is West Yellowstone at a small V2 Supercharger.
That would be nice. I went in July and we never actually used west yellowstone (we were always full from campground charging) but we did charge in Gardiner on the Chargepoint DC fast charger. We did fine but I was very conscious of planning. If I was towing a camper I would have been much more limited.

How do I get the future supercharger at Bryce Canyon City to show up on Tesla's Find us map? All I see is an existing destination charger.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.49.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.49.08 AM.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 121
I have organized a Tesla/EV rally on UT-12 for the past five years. We always travel between Escalante and Torrey, and occasionally pass through Bryce. Each year we require RV site reservations which limits the number of cars that can participate. If this charger is in operation by October, I will welcome anyone who wishes to participate.

Attachments

• PXL_20231014_134823806_Original.jpeg
    PXL_20231014_134823806_Original.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 8
yay, great location! I've always wanted to visit but am afraid of the range issues. Now you can explore the surrounding areas more comfortably, too.

Destination chargers are great for places you go to, and Superchargers are great for places you are going through.

A single overnight stop at any of the dozens ok hotels with a destination charger, and travel within the Bryce/Grand Staircase/Capitol Reef area is very easy. I get it though, the supercharger can become a opportunity expander, RV parks are often fully booked, and hotel destination chargers are not often full, but could be!

Destination chargers are great for places you go to, and Superchargers are great for places you are going through.

A single overnight stop at any of the dozens ok hotels with a destination charger, and travel within the Bryce/Grand Staircase/Capitol Reef area is very easy. I get it though, the supercharger can become a opportunity expander, RV parks are often fully booked, and hotel destination chargers are not often full, but could be!

I agree that would be ideal, and I am aware of some destination chargers near Bryce, but I am afraid someone is going to charge and leave it overnight or not enough chargers!