Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manning park, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We Tesla folks have been patient (mostly). Only a year or two and we will all be sharing as new non Tesla EVs get tesla ports. Then we will be crying for a couple years til it builds up more, then smiling as Tesla stock takes off. Happy Investing!
You worry too much

In Q3 there were 2.7 millions BEVs registered in the US. Tesla cumulative US sales since 2015 amount to about 2.1 million (unsure how may cars have been written off) and Tesla still holds a ~60% market share (q3 dropped to 50%) of what's looking like just shy of 1.1m total US EV sales this year.

NACS adapters don't start appearing until spring and not all CCS drivers will choose to use them, so there could be as many as 3 million Tesla's on the road before the first native 3rd party NACS vehicle rolls off the line. It's not as though the other charging networks plan on closing up shop.

Reactions: theo94
This site at Manning Park makes me wonder about the powerline capacity there versus the Coquihalla between Hope and Merritt (in terms of the ability to support a Supercharger). I suspect that the powerline through Manning has more capacity than the one along parts of the Coq. Has Tesla ever put in a Supercharger with battery backup to overcome limited powerline capacity at the site?

You worry too much

In Q3 there were 2.7 millions BEVs registered in the US. Tesla cumulative US sales since 2015 amount to about 2.1 million (unsure how may cars have been written off) and Tesla still holds a ~60% market share (q3 dropped to 50%) of what's looking like just shy of 1.1m total US EV sales this year.

NACS adapters don't start appearing until spring and not all CCS drivers will choose to use them, so there could be as many as 3 million Tesla's on the road before the first native 3rd party NACS vehicle rolls off the line. It's not as though the other charging networks plan on closing up shop.

Not to mention superchargers will be more expensive for non-teslas. Just because others can use them doesn't mean they will often (give the price premium to use them).

Any site with magic dock lists the price for non tesla owners on the find us map.

Thank you. Now I see that. Below is an example. So where do I find Supercharger prices for Tesla owners? Is that only shown in the car when you charge? I’m not seeing prices in the app. I ask because I use my 2015 X for long distance trips as it has free lifetime Supercharging so I never look for what the price is for Teslas that have to pay.

IMG_0555.jpeg

Last edited:
Drove there today, the new CCS chargers (4x 150) are on, Tesla is still off, but looks ready to go, meter is attached to the Tesla cabinets but not turned on. Might be soon, or maybe some BC Hydro hold up not related to the site itself, but commissioning of capacity? I'll keep checking the Car nav to see when it lights up, but I won't be there again for a while, it's a couple of hours drive from Vancouver, fun trip to go look today. This was my clue it might be active already: Mike Wenzlaff on LinkedIn: Powerful electric trucks and more charging now in Manning Park, just 2.5… | 14 comments

Attachments

• IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    730.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5791.jpeg
    IMG_5791.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5789.jpeg
    IMG_5789.jpeg
    591.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5786.jpeg
    IMG_5786.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
will this be operational by Canada Day? just booked a long road trip which includes a drivey through Manning Park.
(In case you didn't already know) Hope-Princeton in the summer is already easy to cover without additional charging, even with an old SR+. The newer Hope supercharger is roomy, and super convenient especially when heading east.

So these stalls are pull through, correct? (It’s not obvious with the snow piles) I wonder why the pedestal nearest the main road (in the background) has a bollard next to it that is between it and the other pedestal. Seems like that bollard should be on the other side.

I plan to be at the nearby Skyview Campground with my trailer later this summer and look forward to trying out this new location.