Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marietta, GA - Windy Hill Rd SE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a local Facebook group. 12 more stalls being added. EDIT: added approximate location from Google Maps and Street View. The street view says it’s 4 years old, but they were digging there then!
1696766654574.png
IMG_0251.png
IMG_0252.png

Last edited:
Crazy since I went to Cumberland yesterday to run and I ran right past it and didn't even see it. Even turned off the sidewalk and into the parking lot (where it says 5 Mi) just a few feet away with my back to it. As you can clearly see I was purposely passing the SC just to see what if anything was up. Guess I need some 👓 and maybe even some more 🧠s.:eek:

Odd they are putting these up front and not in the back with the other Superchargers. Almost like it is a separate Supercharger site in the same shopping center. Strange I rember passing a person on the sidewalk at the spot and didn't notice the construction. The sidewalk is at a higher elevation at that point but as I passed Cumberland Mall I didn't miss seeing the Rivian Adventure Network DC chargers. 🤣 At least I have a pic of them.

Also it was about 9:30 AM and there was at least a 2 car queue for the Superchargers.

IMG_3954.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: nogajim
(note: the last photo above is of the Rivian site at Cumberland, not the Tesla site discussed in this thread)

So to be clear, this new construction is on the NORTH side of the shopping complex, along Windy Hill Road.

Contrast with the older Tesla site on SOUTH side of complex, along Interstate N Pkwy Road.

It'll be interesting to see if Tesla lists them separately. I think they will.

(note: the last photo above is of the Rivian site at Cumberland, not the Tesla site discussed in this thread)

So to be clear, this new construction is on the NORTH side of the shopping complex, along Windy Hill Road.

Contrast with the older Tesla site on SOUTH side of complex, along Interstate N Pkwy Road.

It'll be interesting to see if Tesla lists them separately. I think they will.
Read my post (especially 2ed paragraph) and you will see I covered both points and just posted the Rivian Adventure pic in fun because I so obviously missed the SC construction on the same run.;)

"Odd they are putting these up front and not in the back with the other Superchargers. Almost like it is a separate Supercharger site..."

"The sidewalk is at a higher elevation at that point but as I passed Cumberland Mall I didn't miss seeing the Rivian Adventure Network DC chargers. 🤣 At least I have a pic of them."

Crazy and that now makes 3 locations in the metro area that are 2 stations on "top" of each other. Also it could be a record for the closest 2 Supercharger sites since it is only a couple of hundred feet. Sure wish that had put in V4 stations.

Crazy and that now makes 3 locations in the metro area that are 2 stations on "top" of each other. Also it could be a record for the closest 2 Supercharger sites since it is only a couple of hundred feet. Sure wish that had put in V4 stations.

Fun fact: "Concord, CA" and "Concord, CA - Diamond Blvd." have some stalls that are only separated by a few feet and some bushes. Until a fence was put up a year or two ago, you could walk through the landscaping to get from one to the other. ;)

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
I believe this is because they have separate metered electrical services. The two sets of chargers likely do not power share between locations. Hence two separate sites in the Tesla system since they will communicate individually.

Stopped by today on my way to check out the East Point v4 station. 16 stalls with a separate transformer and meter. Really not a lot of people here. Just one other car out of 16 stalls when the one across the parking lot was on a wait.

Attachments

• IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    866 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    857.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    624.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Mike1080i
Stopped by today on my way to check out the East Point v4 station. 16 stalls with a separate transformer and meter. Really not a lot of people here. Just one other car out of 16 stalls when the one across the parking lot was on a wait.
Just strange they didn't just put them in the back right across from the current stations kinda like they did in Atlanta (Atlantic Station). Seems there are several advantages and don't see any obvious disadvantages.

• No queue of "full" when chargers sitting open just out of view a few feet away
  • Could have made a couple of pull throughs for trailers
  • Less likely to be ICEed since mostly employees park in back
  • More chance of Tesla/EV socialization/camaraderie
  • Would pass Brunswick as the 2ed largest station in GA 🤪
  • For Tesla could have consolidated to one power bill, accounting and maintenance site

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 6.15.40 AM.png

Mt Vernon, IL
You drive past the V2 Superchargers to get to the V3 chargers and could see each location from the other, except for the hotel blocking line of sight.