Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marina Del Rey, CA (LIVE 28 Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The phone app shows 5 stalls available.
I will be there at 10pm
Screenshot_20220728-173528_Tesla.jpg

I created a bit of a stir just now but manager says this is a valet only charging lot FYI. Leave keys with valet and they provide 1 hour free parking while charging but self parking and charging is not allowed. Just a touch and go for me tonight.

20220728_212311.jpg

The valet manager was extremely confrontational which caught me off guard. I was reading up thread that this station was going to be completely open to the public so I didn't stop to look at the cones lined up nor was the pin up on my nav map to let me know it was valet only. He demanded that I leave if car was not valeted (I actually forgot my keycard at home) so I kindly obliged. It was my first interaction with this hotel and obviously not a very welcoming one.

I am here. Valet only. This is Day 1 and I'm sure that this policy will get old for everyone soon. I can't believe that Tesla agreed to these idiotic policy with the Marina del Rey Hotel. There will be a ton of confused Tesla drivers that will be very angry when they encounter this nonsense.

Reactions: cruiserlarry
I am here. Valet only. This is Day 1 and I'm sure that this policy will get old for everyone soon. I can't believe that Tesla agreed to these idiotic policy with the Marina del Rey Hotel. There will be a ton of confused Tesla drivers that will be very angry when they encounter this nonsense.

There are other valet-only locations around the US - most commonly in New York City, but also Los Angeles - Francisco St. It could go one of two ways: the hotel thinks this arrangement drives more dining traffic due to people not being able to hang out in their cars, or they think it's a hassle and end up letting Tesla drivers self-park.